lucigrace

HSC
hey i just going into year 11 on monday and i am doing extension english
general maths
bio
geo
business studies and
pd/h/pe
what does everyone think about these subjects??

rrp

HSC
N/A
try 2u maths (scaling is much better) if u think u are able...

just a suggestion

Affinity

HSC
depends on what you want out of the HSC:

if you are considering University, PD/H/PE, Business and geography is usually at a disadvantage for average performances.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
mm agree with rrp..

but if u decide to do it to drop in year 12 then that would be better... or maybe keep it in yr 12 and make the other subs ur 10 units...

but yeah.. 2 u maths scales you better

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Subjects like Business Studies, Legal Studies, General Maths, Senior Science, etc are basically designed for people who are doing the HSC from a perspective of interest, rather than in the context of further study.

That said, if your desired career path is through TAFE, then these subjects are ideal for developing your interest and giving you a better basic understanding of these fields. If, however, you want a Uni degree, I strongly advise you to take the more difficult, abstract subjects (eg general maths --> 2 unit, business --> economics). They are admittedly more difficult, but also give you a much better grasps of concepts built upon in university, as well as developing skills expected in uni more effectively and giving better UAI scaling. :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
i see where u r coming from Lexicographer though,
if u are not enjoying the subject u will do crappy in it cause u r putting no effort and therefore ur UAI will go down just do subjects u enjoy and are interested in though will help u achieve what u want to do in tertiary study
therefore, the subjects u r interested more effort will be put into them giving u a better mark and a higher UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)