EDAssist HSC Summer School (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been to the HSC summer school at Sydney Uni before, and if so, what did you think about it? Is it worth the day and the money??!

Is anyone planning on going this year? Which courses will you be taking?

Thanks

Leap

free falling
HSC
I went to the Biology one last year and found it really useful.
They give you good notes and stuff.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
will sparky, r u torking about USYD summer school holiday courses or the USYD ed assist? seems like ur title and ur post strike each other out..

i applied for the USYD summer school HSC board endorsed course.. but my old school DIDNT F*KN HAND MY FORM IN .. so now i am in the process of sending an urgent form.... i'm soo pissed :mad: :chainsaw:

i applies for problem solvng and communications in science

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Yeah, i think Ill go to chem, and to creative writing, but all that plus textbooks, plus, lets face it, im going to be in the city for a day so ill need spending money! its gonna set me back $300 so thank god i got my folks to pay for me!

Leap

free falling
HSC
Yeah, i think Ill go to chem, and to creative writing
I did the creative writing one. It was alright, but fairly basic. They just told us stuff like 'don't write about the HSC and school-related topics, and try to create a persona rather than writing from the perspective of the 17 or 18 year old.'
Then they talked about using sound and tactile imagery etc instead of just visual imagery.
Basically its stuff that you already know anyway.

KarmaKitten

HSC
My summer holidays are for 4 things:

1) beach
2) sleep
3) drinking alcohol with my friends
4) all of the above at the same time

= Jennifer =

HSC
do alot of people usually go to em???
i have never been before and this is going to be my first time what is the atmosphere like and stuff

i am planning on going to the bio,english, creative writing and legal one

juggernaut

HSC
oi post this in the school thread
i wanna know if its any good

juggernaut

HSC
haha um, the question is more directed at year 12 and past students... how are current year 11;s suppose to know if its good?

duck

HSC
N/A
bump

I'm still thinking of going to this. I've gotten mixed opinions on edassist so far.. any more?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
umm well its looks expensive just for 2 days.. apperently some of them are shit, so you shjould watch out.. umm i dont think it would be any good now because your just starting your courses. it would be best if it towards the end of HSC, like in july holidays or during term 3 where we would have then at least complete the majority of the course :)
my 2 cents :D

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
trust me dont go lol, they are a pos and waste of time, i went to em this yr. All they give u is notes shit notes, and the teachers that lecture there are shit except for some. And when u go there the ppl dont check ur tickets so u can sneak in and i'm not bsin, coz i did it. if u wanna no how pm me and i;ll tell u wat to do 2 get in wif out payin lol

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
In the Edassist information leaflet study notes being handed out is mentioned. Does anyone know if they are the same as those being sold through edassist. The study guides are priced $10 - 15, if they are given to the people that attend the lectures it would make going there a lot more economical.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)