othello vs o (1 Viewer)

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
can anyone give me some good quotes to refer to for a transformation essay between othello and the movie 'O' ?

muchly appreciation in advance guys:shy: !

bubblesss

HSC
MelRGHS said:
can anyone give me some good quotes to refer to for a transformation essay between othello and the movie 'O' ?

muchly appreciation in advance guys:shy: !
havent watched the movie but ive got some good quotes for othello if u want them.

bubblesss

HSC
MelRGHS said:
yes please :D :D :D

we did a critical study of othello
so do u want some quotes for feminist and psycho - analytical theory?

not sure if thats what u want.

HSC
we did jeaslousy as a concept. not sure what you're doing but here are my quotes
OTHELLO- In act three scene three Iago uses ethos, “I know our country’s disposition well:/They dare not show their husbands their best/conscience”, to convince Othello that he knows about Venetian women, playing to Othello’s insecurities, and persuading Othello that his wife may be unfaithful.
Foreshadowing- “But I do love thee! And when I love thee not/Chaos is come again.”
dramatic irony- "honest Iago"

O- simile, “I always wanted to live like a hawk”,
The coach says, “I love him like my own son”, referring to Odin.
Hugo's insinuations- “Do you trust Mike?” , "If there is something going on, and i'm not saying there is something going on, but if there is something going on", "watch your girl bro"

hope that helps

JakeFFS

HSC
There's a few Othello v O essays in the englishe adv. section, so try salvaging a couple from in there...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
for transformation into modern text carrying on the theme of betryal
this is from my essay
"His [Odin’s] monologue at the end of the movie presents to us his power that he holds over the power via the physical ability of taking life to that of mental manipulation where in he strikes down Hugo’s ego by juxtaposing his manipulative manner to that of his teen mind set by calling him a “prep-school mother fucker”, and disempowering him by taking his [Odin] life (the playing of Ave Maria, is the aria of Desdemona’s death in the Opera Otello, brings a greater understanding of how a text can be converted to suit various contexts)"

- “I always wanted to live like a hawk”

-
Melisoverschool said:
dramatic irony- "honest Iago"
major one to remember

they are pretty important ones

i can pm you my essay if you would like that i just did i got 13.5/15 if you like to have a look

nerdof2018

HSC
not really relevant but i am doing the exact same essay nine years later and i go to the same school... seems like they don't change much... :haha:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)