Ext II English quotes (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Hi, i am in need of some help. I'm doing my ext II english project on Shakespeare and his women. I was wondering if anyone had some quotes either by Shakespeare himself or any other person regarding his treatment of women within his plays.
If you could post them or email them to me at
savage_chick29@hotmail.com

I would really appreciate this.
Thanks a bunch

= Jennifer =

HSC
very interesting topic chosen

i regret not doing ext 2 the teachers said i should have but what can i do now its too late

good luck with ur major

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Good luck with Extension II, I'm doing it too. I can't remember any of ol' Will's quotes of the top of my head though.

However, try searching the net, use google, and search for quote sites.

Have a look at coolquotescollection.com it might have some of Shakespeare's quotes, I don't know.:rolleyes:

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Thank you

Enlightened_One - what are you doing your extension II project on?

Thanks again

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Glad to be of service Miss savage. Dunno what I'm doing my major work on. I'll probably write a novel or something, cause i always been good at writing, and very good at Bullshitting.

Thanks for the supporrt.We actually haven't started Ext English 2 yet, but we start tomorrow.:D :rolleyes: :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
What you should do, I think is to read critical essays regarding women portrayal in Shakespeare's texts. I think you'll find this in the library or even online.

There some quotes in Julius Caesar that sorta reflects condescension towards women (Portia and Calpurnia) in the Shakespearean contexts. Or have a look in Othello to see how Desdemona is portrayed (you can link this with your Prelim. course).

I would've thought that you are doing a critical essay as your medium?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Yep i'm doing a critical responce - most likely an essay. Though i have been told that you can do feature articles which i quite like. So i haven't really decided on that yet...
I've got a couple of critical articles... There is supposed to be a book entiled Shakspears Women which there are no copies where i live - if anyone has seen that do you know if its any good?
Thanks everyone

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Feature Ariticle

you can do feature articles?
Yep - one of the girls in my school a couple of years back did one on Science Fiction and women's presentation... I think she got 49/50 for it or somthing very close to that

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
For a feminist critic of Shakespeare, Kathleen McLuskie is good to use, particular her essay The Patriarchal Bard: Feminist Criticism and Shakespeare: King Lear and Measure for Measure

The narrative and its dramatisation present a connection between sexual insubordination and anarchy, and the connection is given an explicitly misogynistic basis

The institution of male power in the family and the state is seen as the only form of social organisation strong enough to hold chaos at bay.

Good luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)