Started Study/Revision/Summary's (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
Hey Party Peoples!!!

Im just wondering if anyone has started daily study/revision/summary's of their HSC topics yet?
If you have, when did you start and how are you doing it? Are you simply writing notes on what you learn each lesson, or what?
Do you follow a Study Timetable?

I dont no whether or not i should start my study yet of our new course's as i feel we havnt really learnt a great deal to adequatly study yet....argh....i just wanna be organised! lol

Plz, reply with your ideas, strategies etc

Cheers!!!
:p :p DeZzY:p :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm ive done them for business because i have an assessment in a couple of weeks
i just type up all my notes.. usually on the weekend cuz i work most weeknights and i need to do my homework.. and read through my old ones every time i start my new ones..

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
well i dont do daily revision.. i summarise all my points when i have the time..right now i'm kinda falling behind. but i should cathc up for most of my susb next week

i dont have astudy timetable
i find that it doesnw ork for me. mainly coz i might get more h/w for one sub, then i'll have to sacrifice another time slot for it. so.. yeah.. i'm a "to do list" girl :)

it depends what subs u do to study.. i know for all science, u should summarise each and every dot point from your syllabus because they cant ask you anything more than that in exams. write your own note and use others like this BOS site as a guide for info if ur stuck on one

historys economics art etc i dunoe if their dot points can be answered like the science ones can..

make weekly summaries if daily is too much for you :) keep a folder seperate for your notes and learn how to organise and find a way that suits you for these notes.

theres nothing wrong with reading ahead :) i think i get a better understadnign fi i read ahead and read after.. but lately i havent been doing that.. so .. :p like i can talk ahahhaa

dezzy

HSC
really? u suggest making weekly summaries? thats a good idea...

for the social sciene/humanities subjects i asked my teachers today, as well as a few friends who have done their hsc and they advised me to follow the dot points on the syllabus, but to do xtra research into them so i get a much wider understanding....

english ass. tasks are the worst!!! its the whole balance of doubt....finishing an essay and not knowing whether you've answered the question correctly, or gone into enough detail...thats the worst feeling EVA!!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I summarise the dot points as I get time in the sciences, I find I only use my notes when I can't do it from memory, and my notes are kept in plastic sleeves after there used and I make sure I can study completley from my summary.

juggernaut

HSC
with homework + assessments and sport etc, i dont even get time to do any study/revision

hopefully in the hols ill be able to go over these 1st modules cos im forgetting so much stuff :(

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
mm the summer hols are a godd time to catch up and work ahead :)
very true but wouldnt you rather spend them doing something else

at the end of each week i write up my notes and when i get a chance i revise them..i do not have a study timetable but yeah i follow the dot points when i write my notes to make sure i donot leave anthing out

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Most of my assessments are speeches this term which i suppose is alright but 8-10 minutes *shakes head* im going to need a drink half way through it

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I study the night before an exam or assessable, and if I forget, I'll cram in the morning.

Usually works ;)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by JimBob
I study the night before an exam or assessable, and if I forget, I'll cram in the morning.

Usually works ;)
u r very lucky u can get away with that many people cannot and i am one of them i have to prepare and if i dont i am in big trouble

dezzy

HSC
hehehe!!!!
im luvin the syllabus atm!!! move ova chicky babes...the syllabus is in town!! reow....jokes...my new study aid!!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by dezzy
hehehe!!!!
im luvin the syllabus atm!!! move ova chicky babes...the syllabus is in town!! reow....jokes...my new study aid!!
Hits Dezzy over the head with a stick, are you mad?!?!?!? you are making us wollongong people look bad!

:p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
lol i know i know. are you the one from figgy or am i thinking of someone else????

dezzy

HSC
nah, im from kan-ya-hook-a!!!
derroland 2003...the "orgasmatron" town....oh,wait...is that prt kembla?

where u from matey?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have just started Bilogy and Hospitality and l am keeping a close eye out for things that l might need to know with my syllabus and l go through the syllabus whenever l can. I also make sure my homework is in on time and l do extra questions for homework, so l'm a step ahead of everyone else.

I also have a BIG folder with separators in it, which l will be chucking all my notes in there when l get them, and they will be on the syllabus only.

I also try and keep my work as neat as possible, easy to read and it keeps me motivated (its just a thing with me, l'm a perfectionist) and l get teased occassionally for having my work so organised but l just think their jealous :)

I try my hardest to aviod cramming, it doesn't work for me. I also buy excel books and summarise them to understand the work better, if l don't understand somehting in class l always make sure l do by asking questions etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)