insomnia (1 Viewer)

choc-chip

HSC
i recently sufferin insomnia at night..(datz probably 2 stress in study).n got up early in da morning even though i'm still sleepy...n i alwayz fall asleep during da lesson...dis is be so inefficientcy in study..any1 has suggestions?

^___^
HSC
dun u sleep??

oh wait..insomnia..

ok..

hmm..relax do this by listening to soft music...drink warm milk...lay on ur bed....

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I dunno if this is a safe method...

But u can try and taking a sleeping pill. Get approval first of course!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i'll tell u one big tip:

ALWAYS WAKE UP ON THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY!!!! even though u mite have not slept all nite- nevertheless wake up on the same time every day....also during the day do not go to sleep try to keep ya self awake- by eg. washing ya face with cold water for etc.

other things that u shuld insure is that u shuldn't drink coffee within 6 hours of ya bed time. also when sleeping, try not to worry too much, rather just breath calmly, and focus on your breething- and u shall get to sleep. :)

btw, why's this thread on this forum? :p

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
i used to have trouble sleeping, and i still do sometimes...

i think my problem was that i never was tired enough to sleep. Now i go to the gym about 4 hours before i sleep, because initially it wakes you up, but then if you have a hot shower, you want to sleep immediately

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
I dunno if this is a safe method...

But u can try and taking a sleeping pill. Get approval first of course!
that would be the last last method..

cos once u get used to it, u rely on it..and its never good to rely on drugs...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
i'll tell u one big tip:

ALWAYS WAKE UP ON THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY!!!! even though u mite have not slept all nite- nevertheless wake up on the same time every day....also during the day do not go to sleep try to keep ya self awake- by eg. washing ya face with cold water for etc.

other things that u shuld insure is that u shuldn't drink coffee within 6 hours of ya bed time. also when sleeping, try not to worry too much, rather just breath calmly, and focus on your breething- and u shall get to sleep. :)

btw, why's this thread on this forum? :p
yeah sleeping at the same time everyday is a start, argh i usually sleep at 11 and sunddenly want to sleep at 9.30 exact every night...isnt working and usually end up tossing and turning in bed until falling asleep an hour later... its frustrating

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i used to be an insomniac.. i just couldnt take it.. i slept in my normal patterm fr about 2 days, then i was an insomniac again.. i think i'm at it again now :(
i think it is the stress about school (and these damn boards) and knowing that you have to study now.
it really sux.... but i still manage to wake up normal time regardless of what time i sleep. it i'm really tired, i make up for it at school in classs for 5 minutes.. :rolleyes: take naps :D theyre cool :D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
meh wen i get back from skool or something tiring i try to have naps but i end up groggy and lethargic for a while after

Rorix

HSC
Most likely Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome, it's reasonably common in teenagers - consult your nearest Google for more information;)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
i can see insomnia has had an effect on your spelling.
anyway, serious now. not sleeping is very bad for your health. i wouldn't resort to drugs as agreed to by most others. i think you shouldn't be too anxious at night about not being able to sleep or what time it is, how long you've been awake etc. it gets you pumped up and nervous, making sleep all the more difficult. just relax, regardless of the time, set an alarm the next morning and get up as planned, use up some energy in daily activities (do not fall asleep in class), that makes sleep easier. do not take a nap after school because you're tired, do your hmk, study, and sleep at night.
Honestly, i'm getting less and less sleep as the HSC is approaching (since yr 7). I think it's affected my memory to some degree, but i try to get at least 8-8.5 hours. somedays 6 is all i can manage, but i make up for that on weekends. it might also be possible that there is a certain 'root of evil' e.g HSC stress, work at the root of the problem would be cool in this case. And plus, insomnia is a cycle, so get out of it asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)