Quit Skool??? (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh i was just wondering if theres ne people here like me who arent expecting to get in the 90s for their HSC ....??

are there ne ppl that do standard eng and/or gen maths n who rekon they wont get a uai ova 50???

i feel like quiting while im ahead coz all u pplz make out like use have an iq of 300 :confused:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm not..if l do it will be a miricle!!

I am aiming for 75 and up. I am going general maths and l know if will bring me down, but l am trying really hard in my other subjects.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
IQ or intellegence does help with the HSC, but hard work is something which definitely helps. Don't think that these people got their 90+ UAIs purely because they were intellegent (although a few would have). Most would've done some work.

And you often don't know how good you are until you've given your all.

dezzy

HSC
ey..ummm...im confused...

i do gen maths....my marks arnt the best but thats because i dont put in the work (due to influences from my teacher)

my mentor for this year has told me heaps of times that i can get in the 90's for my UAI but i still personally think that the best i will do is at least 60...

people on here arnt making out they have an iq of 300! they are just sharing with other people their marks etc becuz they r proud of em... if u were gettin prfect results in exams/assessments etc wouldnt you want to tell everyone?! its an acheivment and you should be proud of it! its not an opportunity to promote your "big headed-ness"!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I suppose not but l mean because gen maths scales low - would being the top hurt my uai much?

dezzy

HSC
to be honest- i dont understand how it works...the whole scaling biz....its just so complex...

so im thinkin, just from like common sense...i dont see why ti would hurt ur uai? sorry, im not much help

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
too bad i was just exaggerating about the marks of 90....
i wanna do good, but their is so much u can do to go good...
my guess is i will get around 60s n 70s if im lucky in the HSC...
the only subject i can say im doing good in is legal studies

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by dezzy
to be honest- i dont understand how it works...the whole scaling biz....its just so complex...

so im thinkin, just from like common sense...i dont see why ti would hurt ur uai? sorry, im not much help
thats ok, thanks for your time :)

dezzy

HSC
ne time! im just giving back to the community what they had given meeee!!! lol :D

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Hey Misturi,
I'm going into yr 11 next year, and although I'm capable of 2U I chose general for next year because I simply don't like maths. I have the same concern as you: that general will bring my UAI down because of the scaling.
But I think that if you go well in all your other subjects, it's not going to have that much of a bad effect.
I don't really think that being at the top of your class can determine how well you go, because even though you might be at the top, the rest of the state in general could still be doing better (could,not is!;)).
But being at the top is certainly better than being at the bottom!

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
u wanna know how the UAI works???

if ur a dumbarse like me u will get a shit UAI
if ur a bright person u will get a good 1
doing Gen maths huh..... dats not really helping ur UAI mark , i tell u that much

dezzy

HSC
Originally posted by SKA
u wanna know how the UAI works???

if ur a dumbarse like me u will get a shit UAI
if ur a bright person u will get a good 1
thats such a nieve outlook!!!:jaw:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Hey PaleReflaction, whats up?

Thanks for your reply!! I was in 2U as well, but l don't need to be what l want to be. I am wizzing through maths and my tutor even thinks so (this year l was doing HSC exams at tutoring) I am in Year 11 but starting year 12 next year like you are.
I understand what you mean about the rest of the state, and l have taken that into account (believe me!!).

See ya.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
hey Pale
if u got the brains to do 2u maths then study hard n do it... put it this way, u got not long of skool left.. i wuld sacrafice that for a good hsc

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Yeah but I'd rather concentrate more on the subjects I enjoy.
I know I shouldnt decide too early what subject i want to drop for yr 12 but at the moment it's looking like it's going to be maths.

I shouldn't even be in this forum, but i'm bored as hell and the yr 10 one is dead

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh i used to be excited about the subject i was gonna drop... jejeje more frees for me.. espesh coz evry1 is jealous of my timetable at skool coz i get extra frees coz i do spansish skool on tuesday nites

my advice to u... concentrate on ur work n do the best u can so wen u get to yr 12 drop the subject that ur shittest in n it will b all good.

even though math was my worst subject.. i got like 48 outta 100 on my report... i dropped french which wasnt far from it n i also hated it after doing it for 4 yrs

its funny though... i used to sit in math n do nutting n ppl used to get shitty at me coz il'd allways top the class.... see what happends wen u start putting in a lil effort.... ur marks decrease

alby

cool duckie
HSC
how many frees ya got ska?

d ting bout puttin effort in...sumtimes dat happens..but MOST o d time, d more effort ya put in, d betta ya marks get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)