Agriculture (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
my friends did agriculture in year 11 and they loved it. i think you shouldnt be turned away from a course because your teacher is a nut. usually teacher turn out so much better in the senoir years than the junoirs. plus, if the teacher cant teach, then it is up to you to self teach and learn things your self (that is, if you're a keen and conciencous stduent). there is so much satisfaction when you're teaching yourself and you do really well :)
i assume that agriculture's assesments are set out like every other sceince. most schools science faculties set out their assesments so that they form a pattern and that theyre usually bunched and set up like the other sciences. usually you will get spread out over the course of the year. whats your school decide to do between half yearlie exams/pracs and yearlies exams/prac is up to them. my school had hand in assignments (usualls 3 dot points and worth 5%) and assesable pracs. my new school has speeches and presentations. major assignments are really how your school sets out their assesment schedule.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
mmm...i know what you're saying with the 'self-teaching' stuff, but it's kinda a bit harder with ag cause you don't have an excell to go out of and there's barely any other resources cause it's not a very common course...but, i'm not stressing over it heaps, i just wanted to compare what we've done so far with other people...but thanks anyway for the advice

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i assume that agriculture's assesments are set out like every other sceince.
But you said that agriculture wasn't a science :p

Oh and why are you doing agriculture next year if youre an '04er.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
yep, I was just curious if it was a mistake or something.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chelloveck
yep, it was a mistake...sorry
No need to apologise, but if you do it in June Im afraid Ill have to have you killed.

picaresque

HSC
Agriculture is simply the best subject ever in terms of no work required. I did it accerlerated in yr 11 and I slept (or did other homework) in all my classes and my HSC result was a pretty good Band 6 mark. So relax about your wacko teacher.

Self-teaching - just go through the syllabus and summarise your class text book. Agriculture is all about two things: common sense and memory. It's totally crammable. I gave myself two days before every assessment to learn everything and had no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)