yr 11 study hours (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl, just finished yr 10, wanted 2 know how many hrs approximately do we need to study in yr 11 everyday??

reply soon

KarmaKitten

HSC
I think thats up to the individual and which subject they find harder. Obviously you need to spend time on each subject but some require more work. I didnt do much work in year 11, tsk tsk tsk. but i went alright
not them im saying you should do the same!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Study in year 11? You're an idiot. No one does that, there's no point, it counts for nada - zero - zilch...

You'd be better off studying the HSC course in year 11 and then studying the HSC course in year 12 :p Hence - ripping the HSC into tiny shreds and winning it...

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I studied heaps but i totally burnt myself out! dont get too serious too quickly.. save it for year 12 - year 11 doesnt go towards anything and its not worth it. i mean still try hard and study when necessary but dont put too much pressure on urself. good luck!

= Jennifer =

HSC
there is no need to study every night for year 11 i think only when it is necessary like for assessments, and prelims. but i think for year 12 i need to study more frequently

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
wow giant lobster.. :cold:

Originally posted by Ziff
Study in year 11? You're an idiot. No one does that, there's no point, it counts for nada - zero - zilch...

You'd be better off studying the HSC course in year 11 and then studying the HSC course in year 12 :p Hence - ripping the HSC into tiny shreds and winning it...
hmm i disagree with this. i think you should put some effeort in obtaining fairly reasonable ranks and marks because year 11 reflects you in year 12. if you are a keen student in year 12, then it will definitely show in year 11. though it is important to not burn yourself out. i think you need to get yourself in good habits and attitudes towards your HSC year.

dezzy

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
wow giant lobster.. :cold:

hmm i disagree with this. i think you should put some effeort in obtaining fairly reasonable ranks and marks because year 11 reflects you in year 12. if you are a keen student in year 12, then it will definitely show in year 11. though it is important to not burn yourself out. i think you need to get yourself in good habits and attitudes towards your HSC year.
i agree...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ziff
Actually quite a lot of people do, and you need to know your preliminary stuff to do well in the HSC because most courses take knowledge gained in the preliminary course and build on it.

Mike iE

HSC
I would just complete homework and maybe read over what i did that day in class. The most i would ever have was about 1.5 hours, excluding assesments. Most of the homework i was given was writing notes anyway. Then a week before exams start to revise things to get an idea of what i needed to work on and then give myself about 2-3 hours per subject study per exam.

easy :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
meh just dont burn urself out

get urself into good habit and learn to plan / organise

helps u in year 12 in a way... that u know how to manage ur time properly

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
during holidays my study time is 3hours per day.
On weekends i do about 3-5hours.
on normal school day i finish homework and sqeeze in bout 2-3hours.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
mm, trust me, if you have never studied before, don't leave studying till yera 12. You won't be able to start. Start in year 11. Start off small, with small changes, then gradually increase.

My recommendation:
Give half an hour per subject for study'ing/revision. STUDYING, not homework and assignments. studying/revising.

Start to move this up. By year 12, you should be doing one hour, per unit per subject per week. That is your aim. Please, please, please DO NOT leave it till year 12. If you are at all serious about study, start in yera 11. Start off small, but remember:
SMALL changes make BIG differences.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Seems like u have a good work ethic there :)
STUDYING, not homework and assignments
yeh study is by definition not included as school work

the typical student nearing their trials wud prolly get home, spend 2 hours on hw / reading notes, then after dinner or whatever, 2.5 hours on "study". They are then entitled to say "I study 2.5 hours / night" and not 4.5.
I keep hearing ppl say they study 4 or 5 hrs a night; thats bs. Its in theory possible, if they sleep at 2 am -or- never get any hw... generally dont believe those ppl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)