Good calculator for use in maths extension 1? (1 Viewer)

mAtboisLim

HSC
I am starting extension maths this year and am looking to purchase a new calculator which will be useful across all of the hsc. At present, I am most familiar to using Casio calculators.

^___^
HSC
umm..
b4 u go and buy a particular calculator, make sure BOS allows it, i think theres a list somewhere

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
i used a sharp calculator, very useful. i hate the old casio caluculators. they force us to use them (they supplied them) in someuni tests last year

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
this is a newer version of my calculator

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
well i think the new casios may be different. But the thing that made me replace my old casio with a sharp was the fact that you could scroll through multiple lines of working and delete mistakes and still do the calculation without having to start again

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Ask you're teachers at school. At our school you can purchase the calculators there.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
I use the CASIO fx-82tl, it's the best and easiest to use. It has many features, including multiple memory storage, a plethora of functions and more! When you are sitting an exam, it is recognised as legal and there are no questions asked.

If you are not satisfied with your calculator, consult your nearest teacher.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Originally posted by mAtboisLim
The back to school sales are on now !
What i meant was that our school...You can buy your calculator at school. (so everybody has the same models basically)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
this is a newer version of my calculator
That is my calculator right now!! I bought it for year 11 and not many people know how to use it except me :D

Also l know where you got that picture from - the best school supplises shop ever, Officeworks!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
u think they have back to uni sales?
What back to uni sales? Cheap alcohol, cheap shotglasses?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi

Also l know where you got that picture from - the best school supplises shop ever, Officeworks!
yep, officeworks is the best stationary shop ever, I'm going there on a uni supply shopping spree on tuesday :D

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I think the best bet is to ask your teacher/s. Anyway, I used the Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus in yr 12 & a Texas Instrument TI-83 in yr 11. TI-83 is good if you can figured out all the extra programs on it - BUT they cost a lot - over $100 (specific price - don't know) - and whether or not they are available in NSW, I can't be sure.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
I think the best bet is to ask your teacher/s. Anyway, I used the Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus in yr 12 & a Texas Instrument TI-83 in yr 11. TI-83 is good if you can figured out all the extra programs on it - BUT they cost a lot - over $100 (specific price - don't know) - and whether or not they are available in NSW, I can't be sure.
Holy Sh*t

Why would you want to spend that much on a calculator?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)