business studies needed for bachelor of business (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi, do we need to do business studies or economics if we want to bachelor of commerce or business.

is it recommended for the course????or is it useful 4 1 year at uni

asap

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
its probably not essential.. if anything is needed as a pre requisite it would be maths english or science for those types of degrees.. its probably good to have an understanding of the business course though to know terms and things but you can always read through an excel guide or business book to pick it up

AGB

HSC
nah its definitely not needed, although it wouldnt hurt

a lot of what is in hsc economics and business studies you would cover very early on in your degree, so if you hadnt done those subjects for your hsc then it wouldnt be too much of a stress...

T

timbk2

the only prerequisites for most courses are like... 2/3 units of maths.
nothing like business studies or anything. In B.Business. you'll prolly learn the whole HSC business studies course in the first 2-3 weeks or soemthing. It would help.. but not much, so i suggest just do whatever subject that interests you.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You don't -require- any courses to get into university.

It's just highly recommended that you did that subject in school.

I asked all different universities and they said it wasn't a requirement, but if you were to do well you'd need to have that background knowledge...

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by clever angel
hi, do we need to do business studies or economics if we want to bachelor of commerce or business.

is it recommended for the course????or is it useful 4 1 year at uni

asap

not at all.....and anyway, doing biz at hsc level wont help u much in uni, hsc content is covered in like 2 weeks of first semester and anyway, hsc biz was an easy subject so it wont be much of a problem

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
You should have gotten a book that was provided by your school. its kind of small-ish its called : University Entry Requirements - Year 10 booklet (and for your grade) 2006. inside it has a guide to each univeristy's area of study (agirculture, science, engineering etc.) and their prerequisites, assumed knowledge, reccomended studies etc

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
It is recommended but it isn't a required subject do this degree.

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Only recommended - as long as you know what is going on in the degree and there's no stress involved... it's good to have assumed knowledge of the subject before starting to do the degree.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by sweetcherry
Only recommended - as long as you know what is going on in the degree and there's no stress involved... it's good to have assumed knowledge of the subject before starting to do the degree.
yep so basically buy a textbook/excel book and read through it.. ull know the course in a day lol

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
nope u dont need it... just figured out not that long ago that that is what i wanna do wen i finished school. i dont do business studies although i was extreamly close to choosing it.

i strongly recomend u do this program called YOUNG ACHIEVERS AUSTRALIA... its for yr 11 students... its a shitload of fun n u get certificate 2 in business!!!!.... was the bestest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)