Biology and scaling (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl, wanted to know what if we get a band 5 in biology does that affect our uai? for eg if we get 2 band 6 and 3 band 5 what uai can one get?

help plzz

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
5+5+5+6+6 =27

prolly a UAI <30

:D

Silly Question....its not possible to predict.....without all of us here, not even knowing the subjects ur doing!:p

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
Biology is stupid. :p
Having said that, those bands suggest around 95 i think.
Not sure whether the identity of the subjects is relevant, since we're talking about bands...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No Im afraid Giant Lobster is right. Biology doesn't qualify as a science let alone the best.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
my mate got 93 with 2 band 6s and 3 band 5s

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
No Im afraid Giant Lobster is right. Biology doesn't qualify as a science let alone the best.
i know its not... but still biology kicks physics ass anyday. ;)

i wonder why all the idiots and girls choose biology and not physics and chemistry. maybe its because there is no math.... except for the law of probability. :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It does not. Physics rocks, and theres girls in biology because it is a girls subject :p

icxdragon

HSC
N/A
It does not. Physics rocks, and theres girls in biology because it is a girls subject :p
Agreed. Bio sucks, it can't be called a science and it has shit scaling. def only do it if ya gonna get >90. Theres girls in bio, not really because it a girls subject, but because you dont need to understand anything. its just memorising all that stuff.. fit for pplz with that mentality. Unfort. im doing it this yr :(, but only because i hate HSIE subs, and there isnt anything else decent to do.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by icxdragon
Agreed. Bio sucks, it can't be called a science and it has shit scaling. def only do it if ya gonna get >90. Theres girls in bio, not really because it a girls subject, but because you dont need to understand anything. its just memorising all that stuff.. fit for pplz with that mentality. Unfort. im doing it this yr :(, but only because i hate HSIE subs, and there isnt anything else decent to do.
thats an assumption one makes before experiencing the full force of hsc science. ;)

biology (university version) does need understanding, its just less mathematical and chemical compared to physics and chemistry. :)

if you biology is girl subject then i shall be a girl then. :D

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
omg.. here we go again with the "bio is not a science" argument.. -.-"

hi ppl, wanted to know what if we get a band 5 in biology does that affect our uai? for eg if we get 2 band 6 and 3 band 5 what uai can one get?
it depends on what other subjects you do. dont get caught up because biology scales "bad". i mean, if you do well in all of your subs, then you'll scale good. everyone is affected by scaling-there is no need to worry. if you do really really bad, then yes, it will scale you bad.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
you should be punished too, you nerd
Pot calling the kettle black.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
i know its not... but still biology kicks physics ass anyday. ;)
Physics is crap cos of the corruption of BOS turning it into a humanitarian subject.

Biology is crap on a fundamental, philosophical level. :p

Theres girls in bio, not really because it a girls subject, but because you dont need to understand anything. its just memorising all that stuff.. fit for pplz with that mentality.
Actually basically all "sciences" are memorisation subjects as far as the hsc is concerned... really, there is little to understand

Physics rocks, and theres girls in biology because it is a girls subject
Yeah, its kinda girly... :) I mean, you have to cut thru flesh with a rusty scalpel, mutilate dead things etc in pracs. Yep. Im sure girls are fully into that kind of stuff

Just for the record Giant Lobster started it.
This debate of whether Bio is a science isn't new stuff... :)

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
This debate of whether Bio is a science isn't new stuff... :)
Yeah I know, but normally I start it. So I didn't want to get blamed for it.

And there isnt enough of cutting up animals for it to be considered non-girly.

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
so you are saying philosophy is not deep??? hahaha you asshole :mad:
No he was saying that the whole idea of biology is crap, not anything about philopsophy.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have to admit l have never attempted physics, but from the responses of people who do it at my school, they say its hard, a lot of work, and its tiring.

Biology is not a girl's subject. There are only two girls in my biology class, me and another girl.

I did Chemistrty last year and l thought it sucked - so did most people in my class, Biology, so far is way better.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
Biology is not a girl's subject. There are only two girls in my biology class, me and another girl.
Its 65.6% girls in 2003.

Whereas Chemistry is 46.9% girls and Physics 26.4%

KarmaKitten

HSC
you people are weird
its a science, get over it.
can we stop having the same arguments? especially ones that make no sense."oh no biology isnt a science"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)