any point to studying hard in year11? (1 Viewer)

jaeyun

HSC
the texts will be different, as will the modules when we reach year 12

this journeys stuff in our year 11 AOS - will this have any relevance to our year 12 Belonging AOS?

whats the point in trying hard in year 11-specific content?

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
There isn't really. Except in mathematics where you can be tested on preliminary topics and maybe in English where you should try and improve essay writing/ analyzing skills.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I would try hard as a sort of practise for the HSC, you don't want to be starting year 12 and have a crazy workload your not use to.
As one of my teachers said "The prelim year is to give you 3 terms to work shit out"

Memi

HSC
N/A
I always thought that 30% of the Preliminary work could be tested during the HSC, so don't you need to study since the work is arbitrarily chosen? I dunno, thats what I've been told so feel free to correct.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
There is definitely a point.
Developing good study habits is very important, as is practicing the way you approach the HSC.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yes there is a point because it preps you for the shitload of studying you should be doing in Year 12. You have to study hard in less than a year so might as well get used to it now.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I doubt you'll say that once ur in yr 12...
considering i'm accelerated in 4 unit, i can say it's a fact to study incessantly is necessary. I can speak because i didn't study well when i was doing prelim and nearly missed out on even being allowed to do 4 unit.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
considering i'm accelerated in 4 unit, i can say it's a fact to study incessantly is necessary. I can speak because i didn't study well when i was doing prelim and nearly missed out on even being allowed to do 4 unit.
alrite...

Klutsov

HSC
Yes and no...

Yes: it prepares you and may give you vital skills for the next year, some course work is useful for yr 12

No: Marks obtained don't count towards anything, courses are duller than HSC, dont want to burn out

dan2452

HSC
"Burning out" makes no sense. If you study subjects you enjoy, you aren't going to suddenly 'die' because you're studying.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^

Lol you might realise what it is when you "burn out".

Hint: Its when you try and study but just cbb and give the book a blank stare for a long time, can last for 1 day to many days.

ELkORji

HSC
Jus' pick up good study skillz, learning how to do study notes which fit ur style etc etc.. Its what yr11'z mainly for and of course learn all da foundation, which u gona build upon in y12.

No point in sitting around and not doin much... so when u come to yr12 u b ready for the work load and would know how to study etc...

Talkin from experience.. i was lazy in yr11.. luckily i managed to pick up dem study skillz.

GL, buddy :monkey:

kcqn93

HSC
if you're doing maths, it would be good to study. or just do your maths hw lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)