creative writing task (1 Viewer)

nat03

HSC
for our exam we have to write a narrative about women in context. we were told not to write about women being beaten by men or raped as a lot of girls will write about that. does anyone have any ideas that i could use?
thanks heaps.

lychnobity

HSC
does anyone have any ideas that i could use?
no.

I'm not giving you ideas, but I will give you starting points.

Women are not an entirely weak race; purely writing about them being abused and degraded is what would have happened in the 14th century.

Look beyond the past.

Whatever happened to the woman who gave up her husband, her children, and ultimately her freedom for her country? What about the woman who took the higher path, when no one else would?

And how about the mother whose heart breaks just as her child's does?

And the eldest child, who keeps the family together?

What about the teenage girl that never cries in her sleep?

And what about the supportive best friend who was there when you needed her?

These women are human enough to have vulnerabilities; but that doesn't make them weak. Far from it, in fact.

Women, the world over, past and present, do not deserve to be generalised in such an insulting manner.

Matt2233

HSC
If i were you, id write something that would allow you to change perspective and person.

Some ideas might be a transvestite, women suffering from postnatal depression and the story of a womans life over the lasy 80 years, highlighting the dynamic changes the gender has undergone.

nat03

HSC
thankyou both for your help. i guess i didnt really think about it that much, but now i have some great ideas. fingers crossed i do good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)