English (1 Viewer)

P

passionfruit

Hey just wanted to know ..what's everyone doing in english right now?

HSC
haven't started any area of study or modules yet. so far it's just lessons in introduction to senior english language skills

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
its good to work hard on all of the yr 11 shit now, because for yr 12 you do basically the same stuff (ie, for area of study i went from identity -> journeys, for critical study i went from othello -> yeats, etc)... so it's good to have the basic skills now so yr 12 isn't a huge culture shock, especially area of study :)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
But it depends on the school Glycerine, our year has gone from Indivudual and Society to Journeys, shakespeare is shakespeare... it all depends on what you do.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah but the base structure should be the same... we had identity as our prelim area of study, othello as the critical study(modb), matrix/fahrenheit451 as as comparitive study... it's not like it'll be exactly the same, but if they're teaching it right, the basis of the topics themselves should be the same. and shakespeare is not always shakespeare, we did othello last yr as a critical study, whereas this year we're doing (ugh) the tempest as area of study...
i'm just saying that it's good to try and understand the stuff now... i for one wish i had tried a -lot- harder in aos last yr cuz i'm really struggling with it now, whereas i worked really hard for the critical study and got the results to show for it... : )

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ahh, you're probably right. And anyway, how is Othello->The Tempest not shakespeare?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i meant it's all shakespeare... but studying a critical study is a fair bit different to studying it in area of study

HSC
We're doing an AOS on choice in Advanced using The Crucible as our major text.

I haven't had an Ext English class yet :(

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
we are doing heroism in advanced and it sounds pretty boring. we havent started anything yet, though.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
the american dream - arthur millar - death of a salesman

uh id much rather be studying hunter thompsons rendition of the american dream which im sure some of you more hardcore "intellectuals" would be aware of?

M

MrBLuEyEs

Our school sux, we haven't even been put into our english classes yet, so i have no idea what we are doing this year

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
2u Anvanced ( Conflict )
Extension 1 ( Gothic Fiction Genre study )

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah our area of study is challenges . i have an 8 page thing due tommorow and havent started lol i gotta get off bos soon

E

eling

All our skoo's doing is boring stimulus paper from 2001 on Change..yatayata ..there's this boring poem called "the door"...and that's it...I think we should b doing Shakespeare or the death of a salesman or sumpfin interesting lyke that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)