How many units is best???? (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
Hey. How many units is it best to do for the hsc? Im thinking 10 units gives you less subjects to study but is quite risky and alternatively, 12 + units would be safer but a strain on time. What have people found best?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
do whatever you feel comfortable with

what works well for others might not work well for you

if you're not so confident with 1 subject, drop it.

if you're doing evenly well for all your subjects, keep them

/thread

HSC
Uni Grad
It doesn't really matter, if you're a good student you shouldn't need 'backup' subjects I reckon.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It depends...

• If you are fairly comfortable and confident with all your subjects, 10 unit is the best.
  • If you are not too sure about your strengths, you better have more than 10 units to start with.
  • If you are like equally strong in your subjects, you better have more tha 10 units.
  • If you are not confident in any of your subject, just have 10 units to make your life easier for you.
  • If you are interested in more than 10 units worth of subjects, better have more :p

mioumiou

HSC
Hey. How many units is it best to do for the hsc? Im thinking 10 units gives you less subjects to study but is quite risky and alternatively, 12 + units would be safer but a strain on time. What have people found best?
Maybe 11 Units?? :lol:
But like Namu said, it depends on different people. If you're confident enough, you dun need any back-ups.

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I'd like to have 12 units because I have a feeling that I might or will screw up a subject. And with 10 units, screwing up a subject can mean screwing up your ATAR.
If your screwed up subject is the lowest (which it probably will), and if you did well in the others, then you'll do reasonably well (unless if you screwed up English, since that counts)...

If you do ten units, beware not to stuff up any assignments or assessments. Otherwise if you pick ten units, enjoy dozens of free periods =P

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Anything up to like 13 units is manageable. I would never go 10 units even if I was confident in all of them because I wouldn't want to risk a freakish flameout of epic proportions in an exam (it does happen -- eg walking out of the HSC exam for one's favourite subject without writing a single word ala a friend of mine last year). 12 = my ideal. Gives you leeway, diversity of study and doesn't strain your time that much. Plus you can always drop down to 11 or 10 later on if you decide it'll be okay.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
it depends...

• if you are fairly comfortable and confident with all your subjects, 10 unit is the best.
  • if you are not too sure about your strengths, you better have more than 10 units to start with.
  • if you are like equally strong in your subjects, you better have more tha 10 units.
  • if you are not confident in any of your subject, just have 10 units to make your life easier for you.
  • if you are interested in more than 10 units worth of subjects, better have more :p
+1

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I like 10 cos I'd rather put all my effort into the ones which will count rather than having a useless one take up valuable time.
However if you do 12 units and you are interested in all 12 units this wouldn't be quite so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)