Business Studies or Eco? (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
Hey guys. Im thinking of changing bus to eco because ive heard that its not that awesome in terms of scaling and what not. Is this true? WOuld it be better to take up eco? Also wondering whether the content in eco is similar to bus.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Business is quite easy to do well in, as long as you fully understand the syllabus and key terms. As for the difference:

Business: Deals with the more human elements of commerce, and the running of a business. Better for management, marketing, human resources etc.

Economics: Deals primarily with the financial side of commerce. E.g. Taxation, GDP, Macro/Micro money system etc.

PodiatryA

HSC
Business studies scaling won't affect you that much if you get over 85+. Trust me when i say this, don't change to Economics, there is SO much content to cover and it will be quite hard unless you really, i mean really stay on top of the information. I would stay with business studies, it's not the worst scaling in the world. :)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Business = Boring
Eco = Interesting

However I'm doing both.

Your choice, business gets very boring at times but is easier than eco.

twistedrebel

HSC
Eco: get ready to put effort in,
Business: never listen to teacher, cram and get 85+

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Business = Boring
Eco = Interesting

However I'm doing both.

Your choice, business gets very boring at times but is easier than eco.

Yeahh.. i do both too :) and i agree with this ^ +1

laura_a

HSC
honestly, from what i've heard business is a lot easier in terms of content than economics but business is extremely content heavy. If you haven't changed by now, than unless you're willing to work insanely hard it's extremely difficult to catch up. If you don't think you can continuously get within the top 5 or
85-90+ than drop it otherwise it will scale you down. Hope this helps.

xx

yups

HSC
business studies is very conceptually-based (i can't remember if that's the word . my teacher said a word the other week but i just finished exams and my brain's still winding down so i can't remember it..) but anyway what i'm trying to say is that there's lots of stuff you need to know in business (and i mean a lot ..) then on top of that you have to do a case study and apply it to each topic etc so there's lots to know and remember (i'm learning this the hard way) . but if you put a lot of effort in you'll do fine . although i'd still suggest eco because once you get the hang of it it's alright and plus it scales better

HSC
Uni Grad
Business is an easy subject, as all you really have to do is to learn the content and memorize it. It's not really much of a hard subject. There might be a little bit of maths but not that much.... (if you don't like maths :L) Business rather seems too concrete for me and I wouldn't want to take it but if you want to take it and ace a band 6 then fine.

As for economics, many people say its boring, others say its interesting, most people say it's hard. Economics and Business content are pretty much the same, and Economics has more concepts...

yups

HSC
Business is an easy subject, as all you really have to do is to learn the content and memorize it. It's not really much of a hard subject. There might be a little bit of maths but not that much.... (if you don't like maths :L) Business rather seems too concrete for me and I wouldn't want to take it but if you want to take it and ace a band 6 then fine.

As for economics, many people say its boring, others say its interesting, most people say it's hard. Economics and Business content are pretty much the same, and Economics has more concepts...
i don't find business "easy"; same goes for the rest of my cohort. . because there's lotssss to know and remember, and then you've got the case study on top .. it's the subject i have to do the most study on because there's so much to know, and it's really not that easy as people think ... (or maybe it is but not for me because i don't have a business teacher so i have to teach myself which is hard, annoying and takes too much of my time :vcross:)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^

Nah business is easy. We get notes, our teacher reads the notes word for word (yeh how boring), half the class falls asleep, the other half is half asleep or listening to music... but we still absorb in what our teacher says, and thats all there is to it... easy :)

yups

HSC
^

Nah business is easy. We get notes, our teacher reads the notes word for word (yeh how boring), half the class falls asleep, the other half is half asleep or listening to music... but we still absorb in what our teacher says, and thats all there is to it... easy :)
we don't have a teacher :| .. so every lesson one of us has to teach the rest basically LOL .. and if we don't understand we go around and help each other . so my class is pretty rowdy too

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we don't have a teacher :| .. so every lesson one of us has to teach the rest basically LOL .. and if we don't understand we go around and help each other . so my class is pretty rowdy too
ouch. If thats in a school how can the school let that happen? if distance ed... then alrite... but you mentioned class, so you should still get a sub? if so make the sub read them out :devil:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i did both in year 11 for the prelim course.. i found business boring to the shit-house

Eco is much more intellectually challenging.. but as said, keep on top of the subject. Each topic links with each other and hence, if u dont know one topic.. you're disadvantaged in the others.

HSC
Uni Grad
i don't find business "easy"; same goes for the rest of my cohort. . because there's lotssss to know and remember, and then you've got the case study on top .. it's the subject i have to do the most study on because there's so much to know, and it's really not that easy as people think ... (or maybe it is but not for me because i don't have a business teacher so i have to teach myself which is hard, annoying and takes too much of my time :vcross:)
but in terms of how concrete the content seems to be then yes. it's not like maths where you have to actually understand how to apply things. for this topic its like memorize them and just write down the stuff...

and memory is all you really have to have.... and ofc, pen and paper :L

yups

HSC
ouch. If thats in a school how can the school let that happen? if distance ed... then alrite... but you mentioned class, so you should still get a sub? if so make the sub read them out :devil:
yeep my school's a joke . either they can't afford a sub, can't find one or don't care about us . but i think it's the last one .

yups

HSC
but in terms of how concrete the content seems to be then yes. it's not like maths where you have to actually understand how to apply things. for this topic its like memorize them and just write down the stuff...

and memory is all you really have to have.... and ofc, pen and paper :L
yeah you gotta have really good memory too .. and my memory is so badddd >_<

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah you gotta have really good memory too .. and my memory is so badddd >_<
for many people they seem to have better memory than being better at applying concepts...
for me i used to have an extremely good memory, but now it's all crippled as i started to go on the internet a lot :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)