Modern History (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
is great!

what is everyone studying?

at the moment, we are doing the Arab Israeli conflict, which is great :D

how are your teachers, assessments and homework like?

we've only been given one so far which was incredibly easy.

:)

HSC
Uni Grad
Right now I've just started the Cuban Revolution...
And I'm about to start reading 100+ pages of the handout I was given by my teacher...

I've previously done the Civil Rights Movement... it was very interesting =D

My previous teacher for Modern History was pretty awesome as he managed to keep the class involved.... but because I was forced to switch classes, my new teacher isn't as good as my previous teacher, but he would still be alright.

I handed in an assignment a few weeks ago on assessing the importance of MLK to the success of the Civil Rights Movement.

Kanane

HSC
N/A
We're doing the Civil Rights Movement~
My teacher loves to ramble nonsensically and often goes off on a tangent. I think he gets too excited about History :l
Assessments = Rarely. We don't receive much, because I think he is much too lazy to mark them.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing the trans-Atlantic slave trade :(

When I chose Modern I was under the assumption that it would be about the 20th century, not the 16th century. Next topic is Meiji Japan, 19th century :(

Clank_

HSC
We started off with Terrorism, and have now moved on to the decline and fall of the Romanov dynasty.

chevlr

HSC
When I chose Modern I was under the assumption that it would be about the 20th century, not the 16th century. Next topic is Meiji Japan, 19th century :(
Meiji japan is really good - i did it in yr 9, and its about japan going from completely feudal to a massive industrial empire in just 50 yrs.
i just did vietnam war - pretty interesting (BoS notes got me thru the course :D), but i kinda messed up the assessment task, tho i havent got the marks back. ill probs drop modern history next year...

zxreth

HSC
i'm also doing the arab-israeli conflict *hi-5*
so far we've only had one test which was an essay and i got a sweet 12/15 for that :spin:

klaris

HSC
*hi five*

what topics are you studying? i think we're just starting on the creation of Israel.

musing

HSC
I'm doing Apartheid at South Africa.

It's pretty interesting, I guess.

zxreth

HSC
*hi five*

what topics are you studying? i think we're just starting on the creation of Israel.
LOL we're nearing the end of the the whole thing, i actually have an essay due 2nd week back of term 2 on that topic. :D

steph xx

HSC
i am studying the arab-israeli conflict also. s'wonderful, s'marvellous.

my teacher and this subject alone is the entire reason i am vaguely pondering doing a degree in International and Political Studies at uni.

perhaps, perhaps.

mioumiou

HSC
is great!

what is everyone studying?

at the moment, we are doing the Arab Israeli conflict, which is great :D

how are your teachers, assessments and homework like?

we've only been given one so far which was incredibly easy.

:)
At the moment, we're doing "Decline and Fall of the Romanov Dynasty" about the last Tsar in Russia. It's pretty interesting, but Rasputin is quite spooky I have to say.

We've done the Historical Source and JFK

klaris

HSC
"interesting" and "modern" seem to be synonymous.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
"interesting" and "modern" seem to be synonymous.
As it should be :)

Our teacher's pretty relaxed in approaching the subject and we still manage to learn loads whilst having fun.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
First topic was the Decline and Fall of the Romanov Dynasty, which is fascinating and probably my favourite historical topic so far...now we're doing the Boxer Rebellion, which is pretty interesting though we've only done background stuff at the moment.

klaris

HSC
First topic was the Decline and Fall of the Romanov Dynasty, which is fascinating and probably my favourite historical topic so far...now we're doing the Boxer Rebellion, which is pretty interesting though we've only done background stuff at the moment.
Yes, the Boxer Rebellion is just great :)

I loved it. We studied it in relation to the Qing Dynasty falling; you might do the same. The Boxers were pretty brutal but fascinating nonetheless.

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I would enjoy Modern more if I had a different teacher, but don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it.

We started off with Tibet's fight for survival in the modern world and a wuick look over the Meiji Restoration. We've just started the fall of the Romonov Dynasty, which I'm really looking foward to.

:skip:

steph xx

HSC
i simply adore modern and having a splendid teacher has a lot of influence on my thoughts towards the class. i would still enjoy it immensely nonetheless.

lucyc19

HSC
Is that the topic 'the creation of israel' in turning points? I LOVE HISTORY!!!! We did Kennedy - had a massive 12000 word project. Now doing the Cuban revolution, then the Civil rights movement. Then the historical investigation section next term, followed by the world at the beginning of the 20th century.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)