Desperate for advice : Subject Choice (1 Viewer)

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
At the moment, I'm hating, absolutely hating business studies. Especially this financial management topic.

But the only reason im not dropping it is because i am accelerating in it at the moment...and i aim to get over 94. Is 94 hard to get? If i dont get 94, then it prob wont be counted in my hsc as i'll prob get 92 or 91 in chemistry in the end.

95 in business = 93.5 in chemistry... (approximately)
Is it hard to get a 92 in chemistry xD

so in yr 12 i will be taking 4U maths, 2 advanced, 2 phys 2 chem

THE point is... ireally really hate business studies. should i just..endure the pain..or completely drop it and focus on my other subjects..that i love doing! The subject is so dry. when i swtich to doing my science subjects..i just go wow...this is so much better than dealing with strategies on profitability...==

Advice please?

Kralex

HSC
bit cocky with your mark estimates. You haven't even done your final prelim exams.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If you've accelerated business studies (which is what I take you meant), and haven't accelerated any others, focus on that. It, in my opinion, is the only subject that actually matters to you at the moment. Preliminary is supposed to be a practice year. Let your focus still be at 100% in class and make sure you understand key concepts in all of your subjects, but just focus your external studying on business studies.

If you haven't accelerated business studies, just wait until you're in year 12 to see whether you enjoy those topics. If you find them batshit boring, then drop it. Just make sure that before you do, you can actually perform well in all of your other subjects because all of them matter in calculating your ATAR.

I hope this helps.

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
thanks lolsmith..yeah im accelerating..and yeah im kinda worried about my english and maths. i mean..those are the subjects that can be developed over time..and im not spending as much time as i would like on them.

and yeah im very goood at chemistry :) so im pretty..sure ill get over 90 xD

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I'd just like to ask, on what basis do you think you're good at chemistry? Class test results in preliminary don't necessarily translate to overall marks in the HSC.

I'm sorry if it comes across as rude, but I don't want people making the same mistakes as i did and get complacent after a few good results early in the year.

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
yeah..srry to sound cocky..LOL. im a tutoring freak asian etc..and yeah go syd boys. historically top half gets 90..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
being asian and going to a selective school doesn't necessarily mean you will do well, serious hard work is required regardless, but I'm sure you'll be fine :)

btw, personally I would drop business, if as you say, you really despise it, as you will have limited motivation to do well.

However, take into consideration this means you will have 10 units for the HSC. That means, you absoultely have to do well in all of them to ensure a good ATAR. You cannot afford to stuff up. If you're absolutely confident that you will certainly do well in those remaining subjects, then without hesitation drop business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)