Difference between EExt1 and EAdv Essays? (1 Viewer)

brendroid

HSC
There are differences.

With English Extension, you're supposed to examine the texts in more detail than in Advanced. Keep in mind that the HSC exam for Extension is about 2 hours long, giving you one hour to write an essay (on a more specific question than Advanced). You're expected to write something of very high quality in that time period. In Advanced, at least Area of Study, you're competing against Standard students. It doesn't need to be as spectacular to still go well there.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
ext is a whole step up from adv. you need to incorporate much more detail, depth and personal insight into the analysis of the texts. thats just in a nutshell though... it really depends what module you do- they focus on different aspects of texts
eg, im doing module B which is "texts and ways of thinking" so i need to include great detail of values/ideologies and how these are reflected in texts. also since im doing the topic "after the bomb" its good to include historical events and excerpts from speeches (to give insight to your texts society of appropriation and also to show how the text reflects this)

ehh also your thesis has to be more detailed and sophisticated than youd do with adv thesis'

Fake-Name

HSC
There are differences.

With English Extension, you're supposed to examine the texts in more detail than in Advanced. Keep in mind that the HSC exam for Extension is about 2 hours long, giving you one hour to write an essay (on a more specific question than Advanced). You're expected to write something of very high quality in that time period. In Advanced, at least Area of Study, you're competing against Standard students. It doesn't need to be as spectacular to still go well there.
I'm currently doing EXT 1.
I was told we will be doing a major essay work for the entire year in year 12.
I presumed this would substitute a HSC exam?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I presumed this would substitute a HSC exam?
Nope, EX1 has the exam at the end. EX2 has a major work though, which is a substitute for the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)