do I have to mention the plot and inner journey of text in AOS essay? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
do I have to mention the plot and inner journey of text in AOS essay, or I can go straight on to quote/technique/effect in the body?

thx in advance.

silence--

HSC
don't mention the plot unless it is going to add something to your argument. otherwise, you're just wasting valuable time/space.

muzeikchun852

HSC
回覆: Re: do I have to mention the plot and inner journey of text in AOS essay?

don't mention the plot unless it is going to add something to your argument. otherwise, you're just wasting valuable time/space.
how about the overall inner journey (my AOS)?

hscishard

HSC
They do say that a beautifully,well constructed paragraph that is irrevlant to everything is worth 0 marks.

Gotta think about your stuff if you have a word limit.

muzeikchun852

HSC
They do say that a beautifully,well constructed paragraph that is irrevlant to everything is worth 0 marks.

Gotta think about your stuff if you have a word limit.
well. it actually for an exam task. so there wont be much time to do a lot of words.

ptrgrgry

HSC
In Area of Study, you're not studying the text itself, you're studying a concept. Many students fail to understand this and often try to tell the marker what the text is about, often worried that if they don't the marker will not understand. However, it is irrelevant whether or not the maker understands the text itself - all they need to see is that, from studying the text, you have developed your own insights into the conept. Therefore, explaining plot does not deserve one second of your essay time. Also, try to be analyical rather than explanatory - ask yourself "What is the significance of this?" when reading texts / writing essays.

Hope that makes sense.

acemusic415

HSC
Yeah, it's a waste of time, space and effort to mention the plot. However, my teacher says give one or two sentences about what the main idea of the story is about and thus, do not presume that the marker knows the story. For instance, when I did My Place for Journeys, I summed up the story by saying it was an "emotional pilgrimage exploring individual and cultural reconciliation through reflecting on the protagonist's Aboriginal culture and essentially, their hardships..." etc. Your main argument and contextualised analysis is from your techniques, quotes, your explanation and ultimately your synthesis of your texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)