Extension English And/Or Business Studies Help PLEEEASE!! (1 Viewer)

benchwarmer17

HSC
I know this might be a little slack, coming to here for all this help, but i'm kiiinda desperate at the moment :confused:

basically for english extension, i have this essay question, and i pretty much understand everything i've gotta do, i've got all of my material ready, but i have a small problem -- i don't understand my question!!! i don't know if holidays have fried my brain or what, but i just need to break it down and understand what it is asking of me?? this is it:

Although fiction of the gothic genre is written to evoke terror in their readers, they also serve to show the dark side of human nature.”
After studying this module, what are the grounds for the enduring popularity of gothic fiction.

and then for business studies, i've just currently started my research project on a small business, and as part of the preliminary plannings i've gotta do a questionnaire.. does anybody have any experience with this? should i have my business answer these questions yet, and how many should i create?

I'm really sorry if this is asking too much, but any help at all would be great!!!:bomb:

Villa94

HSC
Well I dont know if this is the sort of help you need but all you have to do is write why the gothic genre still and always has been popular. Or what makes people like it so much. eg. themes, characters, settings etc.

Hope this helps

t00l

HSC
I know this might be a little slack, coming to here for all this help, but i'm kiiinda desperate at the moment :confused:

basically for english extension, i have this essay question, and i pretty much understand everything i've gotta do, i've got all of my material ready, but i have a small problem -- i don't understand my question!!! i don't know if holidays have fried my brain or what, but i just need to break it down and understand what it is asking of me?? this is it:

Although fiction of the gothic genre is written to evoke terror in their readers, they also serve to show the dark side of human nature.”
After studying this module, what are the grounds for the enduring popularity of gothic fiction.

:
question looks dodgy. i think you should just talk about all aspects of gothic literature as well as how it is popular due to its portrayal of the "dark side of human nature"

benchwarmer17

HSC
oooh ok thank you so much... :) . it really had me stumped, like i wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like a discussion or what..

lucyc19

HSC
I suppose it has been revived in popularity. It offers something you don't want to put down. It is well-written. For the dark side of human nature, read William Wilson by Poe. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)