N Awards (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a Society and Culture assessment task due tomorrow but I can't be bothered to do it. If I hand it in at a later date I get zero but no N Award right?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
No you don't, you need at least 3 warnings in the one subject before you actually receive an N award.

muzeikchun852

HSC
No you don't, you need at least 3 warnings in the one subject before you actually receive an N award.
do u? isnt this only apply to normal school work instead of an assessment task? our school just give out N award if u dont give the assignment on the due day.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I have a Society and Culture assessment task due tomorrow but I can't be bothered to do it. If I hand it in at a later date I get zero but no N Award right?
Why the apathy?

It will wreak havoc if you let it get to you next year...

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
In normal circumstances, where a boy is late handing in an assessment task, and the reason is not illness (as outlined on a doctor’s certificate) he will be recommended by his teacher for a 2-hour Friday detention. If the work has still not been submitted after two days, the boy will be recommended for a 3-hour Saturday detention and the matter will be brought to the attention of the boy’s Head of House and his parents. In addition, mark penalties will be incurred as follows: a 10% deduction of the mark awarded for that assessment task will occur if it is up to one day late. A further 20% (i.e. 30% in total) will be deducted if it is two days late. A further 30% (i.e. 60% in total) will be deducted if it is three days late. If the task is handed in four days late, the remaining 40% and hence the entire mark will be forfeited.

Failure to submit as assessment task within four days of the due date will result in an N-determination warning letter being issued.
Yeah my school likes to be strict

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Our school automatically awards zero and then you still have to hand in the task. Then if your appeal is approved you get an estimate at the end of the year.

ohexploitable, please don't prematurely limit your HSC options :D

silence--

HSC
hmmm, in our school if you don't hand it in on the day you get zero.

the detention thing is pretty slack though, lol. 3 hour detention on a Saturday :/

but to answer the question, i'm pretty sure that they have to give you a warning first in order to give you a chance to redeem yourself. So yes, if you do hand it in at a later date, you should be fine.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
lol like after every Battlefield match everyone says GG and I never knew what it meant... lol...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just hand in a blank/folded piece of paper with your name + assignment heading on it. I actually ended up with scrawl on it too with like one sentence answers to the subheadings/questions which were incidentally similar to my friend's one.

That was what i was going to hand in for this stupid catholic studies assignment until my bothered friend decorated it for me XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)