change to adv english from standard? (1 Viewer)

supre

HSC
heyy,
should i change from standard english to adv english?
is there heaps of difference?
i heard that u need to study much harder to get a band 5 or 6 in std than in adv english coz they mark std really really hard... is this true?

plss help :confused:

muzeikchun852

HSC
heyy,
should i change from standard english to adv english?
is there heaps of difference?
i heard that u need to study much harder to get a band 5 or 6 in std than in adv english coz they mark std really really hard... is this true?

plss help :confused:
there isnt much difference between standard and advanced. but the chance of getting band 6 in standard is much harder than in advanced.

why do u want to change to advanced anyway?

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah change.
seriously standard english is boring, classroom environment is shit, and its soooo easy.

it is hard to get band 6 in standard

Oobadoo

HSC
Hard work is required either way (to get a band six) . Though Standard, so I gather, is far less satisfying than Advanced. Only do standard over Advanced if you really hate English. You can still get a great mark with either of them though. The texts in Standard look reeeeeeeeeeeeeally boring and simple mind, therefore...

DO ADVANCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supre

HSC
well i m doing pretty well in standard english
and like i was looking at the 2009 statistics for english
and it says that only 0.2% of ppl that did std english got a band 6
and 40% for a band 3

- Board of Studies NSW

like whereas for adv english
40% of ppl that did adv got a band 5

- Board of Studies NSW

so like looking at that there is a huge gap.. so like atm adv english looks more appealing to me than std

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
adv english is for smart people. If you're smart do it, if you're not don't.

supre

HSC
definately CHANGE! i did :)
when did u change?
did u have trouble catching up?
was there a big difference?
do u ever get those times, when u regret it.. like while doing an essay on a really hard text or something?

brendroid

HSC
Someone at my school last year was topping Standard in Year 11 or something and moved up, but moved back down again and still topped the year in Standard. Just depends on personaly preferences. I think the guy didn't go too well in an early assessment or something though, which was the reason for the move back down (didn't affect his ranking at all really, but the gap between 1st and 2nd in Standard apparently narrowed)

zxreth

HSC
when did u change?
did u have trouble catching up?
was there a big difference?
do u ever get those times, when u regret it.. like while doing an essay on a really hard text or something?
um i changed about 2 weeks ago. nope didnt much trouble catching up, actually i think that was due to very lucky circumstances, because i did an assignment on a novel in standard, we are studying this novel right now in advanced. so yeah im kind of ahead of the class atm in terms of my understanding of the module. nope there was not a big difference at all it was a very smooth transaction. in regards to the question "do u ever get those times, when u regret it.. like while doing an essay on a really hard text or something?" not regretting it as of yet and i havent had to do any essay so far so yeah.

supre

HSC
um i changed about 2 weeks ago. nope didnt much trouble catching up, actually i think that was due to very lucky circumstances, because i did an assignment on a novel in standard, we are studying this novel right now in advanced. so yeah im kind of ahead of the class atm in terms of my understanding of the module. nope there was not a big difference at all it was a very smooth transaction. in regards to the question "do u ever get those times, when u regret it.. like while doing an essay on a really hard text or something?" not regretting it as of yet and i havent had to do any essay so far so yeah.
thanks
u r pretty lucky coz i hve been told that if i move to adv, i will have to do evrything that the adv ppl hve done so far in the year. which includes reading 3 shakespears and like 5 essays..
but i guess that it will pay off next year in hsc

zxreth

HSC
lol nah i didnt have to do that, i just had to copy the notes on the topic we're doing right now from my friend. thats it! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)