What is the best way to study for Chemistry (1 Viewer)

fh1993

HSC
I have my half yearlies coming up in a weeks time and can't really grasp chem. So what are your techniques for studying for chemistry?

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
memorise everything and make sure u can assess,evaluate, discuss...etc

also make sure you can do chemical equations!

make notes using the syllabus dotpoints as headings!

good luck

octopie

HSC
Make sure you understand the basic concepts, everything's much easier if you do. Yep make syllabus notes. Yep do past papers, they help a lot, especially when marks are given to how you answer the question rather than blabbing everything you know about the topic. Also make sure to remember the valencies for the polyatomic ions, and never neglect the pracs you've done in class.

occer

HSC
N/A
Make sure you understand the basic concepts, everything's much easier if you do. Yep make syllabus notes. Yep do past papers, they help a lot, especially when marks are given to how you answer the question rather than blabbing everything you know about the topic. Also make sure to remember the valencies for the polyatomic ions, and never neglect the pracs you've done in class.
All of the above. If you cbf making notes, take from a few sources including BoS and try to cram it in while getting the gist of them.

HSC
oh ! i just had my chemistry half yearlies today.
what really helped me was doing practice questions and review sets in my textbook.
its really good because everytime there's a question in the review sets i don't understand i'm forced to look in my textbook for the answer.
trust me practice questions really help :) even if you find the questions too hard. force yourself to answer them and don't give up!
also revise you're notes from class and past experiments conducted.
i prefer revising by making mind maps cause when i walk into the exam room i remember the image of my mind map :p but everyone's different so it may be the same thing or something else for you ;)
good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)