How to stop procrastinating??? (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
This is the number 1 cause of omfg 60 - 70% in exams for me. How the hell do you guys stop procrastinating? e.g ill be on utube watching a how to extract carbon from blah blah video when the related link will show up and i eventually end up at 50 best FAIL moments or something. How do you guys get around this? Its basically the hardest thing for me.

chamelia

HSC
If you don't do it now - you will be mid 20's, on government benefits, spending half your time hanging around centrelink offices and the rest either struggling to make a decent meal with the scraps of change you have in your well worn wallet or watching daytime teevee. You won't have anyone worth the time to share your life with and everyday you will wake with the taste of better regret sitting on the back of your tongue. Just do it and know it will get you where you want to be in 10 years time.

t00l

HSC
If you don't do it now - you will be mid 20's, on government benefits, spending half your time hanging around centrelink offices and the rest either struggling to make a decent meal with the scraps of change you have in your well worn wallet or watching daytime teevee. You won't have anyone worth the time to share your life with and everyday you will wake with the taste of better regret sitting on the back of your tongue. Just do it and know it will get you where you want to be in 10 years time.
fuck you on about?

bored of sc

HSC
Remove distractions and increase rewards. Try to keep stressing to a minimum. If you are procrastinating, don't feel guilty; work towards getting past it.

You should probably study with pen and paper as much as possible if you're prone to checking facebook, MSN, youtube etc whenever you use a computer.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
procrastination is like aids
theres no cure

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
as meilz said.. there is no cure.

sorry, ur fked.

HSC
Uni Grad
Easy.

Leave everything till the night or 2 days before, so then you have to do it.

It works.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Sleep, best cure, even tho it's also procrastination in a way.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
This was rather detailed, it sounds like a lot of thought was put into this.

Or is this coming from personal experience?

chamelia

HSC
This was rather detailed, it sounds like a lot of thought was put into this.

Or is this coming from personal experience?
Rather, I am an exceptionally talented writer with the added bonus of being completely hypocritical and using this thread as a means of procrastination from my own work.

mioumiou

HSC
This is the number 1 cause of omfg 60 - 70% in exams for me. How the hell do you guys stop procrastinating? e.g ill be on utube watching a how to extract carbon from blah blah video when the related link will show up and i eventually end up at 50 best FAIL moments or something. How do you guys get around this? Its basically the hardest thing for me.
Well, maybe you could go to a library and study (e.g. 2 hours) :)
Internet is a HUGE distraction for me and I'm still working on it. I usually move to places that has NO computer in front of me, well, that worked for me, but I'm still working on how to study in front of the computer....... :(

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i've recently been diagnosed with procastrination...

am now feeling the effects :(

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Tell yourself this:

From Mychonny xD

"If you study very very hard man, all your dream come true, all your dream come true"..

Now that's some motivation :p

But also I try going to the library to study so I can avoid procrastinating at home :L

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Mychonny is lame, if you listen to that advice you're bound to fail.

HSC
Uni Grad
Mychonny is lame, if you listen to that advice you're bound to fail.
Though then again that Asian mentality works for most of the time (given that you understand how to do the stuff that you're given) :p

However efficiency is very important. If you don't know what you are doing and if you continue to work hard, you've wasted a lot of time.

I don't really believe in the Asian mentality coz it doesn't seem to work out for me :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)