anyone dropping ext maths next year? (1 Viewer)

Julie Y

HSC
who is dropping extension 1 maths next year?
i feel like im the only one who is..

im struggling in maths so im dropping down to 2 unit
and hoping to not be too stressed 4 year12. u guys think that too ?

super.muppy

HSC
who is dropping extension 1 maths next year?
i feel like im the only one who is..

im struggling in maths so im dropping down to 2 unit
and hoping to not be too stressed 4 year12. u guys think that too ?
i was in your position during the end of year 11 deciding whether or not to drop 3u. even my parents told me to drop. but for some strange reason i stayed and worked really hard an now im in the top 3 so I reckon you should at least try ext1 until first term of yr 12 then based on your topic test you can decide your fate. btw imo it gets easier maths in yr 11 was hard for me maths in year 12 is getting easier iono just in my opinion.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hell no!
Put in some more effort, everyone goes through stress but others reveal it explicitly more than others. Its the HSC and the only thing you have to worry about is yourself, you don't have burdens weighing you down like a mortage or bills. You only job is to study your ass off, if your neglecting this then theres something wrong with you. Take this opportunity because once you drop MX1 you basically shut a gate. That being said, the ball is in your court.

Last edited:

octopie

HSC
What super.muppy said.

As for me, my ranking isn't the best but no way am I letting go of extension 1. I hope to even try out extension 2, if I can

zxreth

HSC
nope definately not dropping it........... need it for its scaling :)

Blushii

HSC
Maths is one of those essential subjects, and 3U at least is essential in the asian community. But, i personally enjoy it so i don't think so, except for friggen permutations and combinations T__T, but there's nothing wrong with dropping it, if you feel that it will jeopardize your ATAR more than it will increase it based on your ability in it, then dropping it would be appropriate. :rudolf:(just testing the emotes out LOL)

Julie Y

HSC
Maths is one of those essential subjects, and 3U at least is essential in the asian community. But, i personally enjoy it so i don't think so, except for friggen permutations and combinations T__T, but there's nothing wrong with dropping it, if you feel that it will jeopardize your ATAR more than it will increase it based on your ability in it, then dropping it would be appropriate. :rudolf:(just testing the emotes out LOL)
ohh ok thankxxx
yep im totally suure it would jeopardise my atar :L:L
Soo yaaa ^ ^

mathemalia

HSC
is it possible to pick ext1 maths from year 12?

because i'm in term 2 of year 11 and i want to badly pick it... :|
i hear its good for scaling

mathemalia

HSC
catch up?

how much? if there is catch up, shouldn't it start from now?

thanks for your help, i really appreciate it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)