How to write theses? (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
For me, writing theses is the hardest part of the essay. What should the thesis be? Ive read from many sources and they all differ. Some say that rearranging the exam question is enough but others require the writer to put in their own perspectives on the question. Is there any defined rule in writing theses? thanks

lychnobity

HSC
A point of view! Rewriting the question is guaranteed to get you a band 2.

Stamp an opinion over everything!

t00l

HSC
Literally.

It's T-H-E-S-I-S.

Lol..

Thesis is your argument. Usually to prove your answer for the question.
i know what it is, im asking how you would develop one in an exam situation or such. what do you think of so you can develop a thesis quickly? sorry my initial question may have been a bit vague

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
i know what it is, im asking how you would develop one in an exam situation or such. what do you think of so you can develop a thesis quickly? sorry my initial question may have been a bit vague
I usually work out my [insert plural of thesis here] before the exam, and then just change it around a little using key words [or similar] from the question. Which is pretty much what I do with the entire essay, really. A lot of people are against memorising essays like this, but I think it helps the coherance of my argument, otherwise I get really confused.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
But seriously, how do you pronounce theses?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
i usually work out my [insert plural of thesis here] before the exam, and then just change it around a little using key words [or similar] from the question. Which is pretty much what i do with the entire essay, really. A lot of people are against memorising essays like this, but i think it helps the coherance of my argument, otherwise i get really confused.
+1

Blushii

HSC
Its a short, concise statement that addresses the question and relates to your texts (if it doesnt u can draw in an antithesis later).
Its like the umbrella of your essay
Then these little bells attach from a string hand off them = topic sentences.
my teacher said that LOL.

shanerm09

HSC
N/A
One of the first things you'll discover as a college student is that writing in college is different from writing in high school. Certainly a lot of what your high school writing teachers taught you will be useful to you as you approach writing in college: you will want to write clearly, to have an interesting and arguable thesis, to construct paragraphs that are coherent and focused, and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)