ENG ADV: Psychoanalytical Theories (1 Viewer)

Blushii

HSC
Hey, so anyone learning about Freduian theories, Lancan, Feminism and etc in their ADV classes? Because i thought we were supposed to concentrate on past AOS's not these thingos...

I've already done AOS journeys but that about it.

So YAH! :uhhuh:

dabadibada

HSC
Yeah, I do perspectives in extension as well. It hasn't come up in advanced just yet.

NoFaceValue

HSC
Don't worry, your school is right.

In HSC, there are four modules; the area of study, module B, module C and module D.

Module B states that you must complete a critical study of a text.
Feminist theory, Psychoanalysis etc. are all part of Critical study.

Whilst some schools may choose to complete past areas of study all year, you need to remember that your HSC will have only one area of study (Belonging), and there's no point being extremely prepared for that; but not anything else.

Be thankful that your course mimics the HSC course closely.

EDIT: I don't understand why people are saying it won't help for the HSC course, when there is an entire topic about it entitled "Critical Study of Texts" 0_o

Last edited:

Existential

HSC
N/A
don't worry, your school is right.

In hsc, there are four modules; the area of study, module b, module and module d.

Module b states that you must complete a critical study of a text.
Feminism, psychoanalysis etc. Are all part of critical study.

Whilst some schools may choose to complete past areas of study all year, you need to remember that your hsc will have only one area of study (belonging), and there's no point being extremely prepared for that; but not anything else.

Be thankful that your course mimics the hsc course closely.

Edit: I don't understand why people are saying it won't help for the hsc course, when there is an entire topic about it entitled "critical study of texts" 0_o
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)