Standard english rant (1 Viewer)

fakedsanity

HSC
I am not sure if this applies to every high school in NSW but our YEAR 11 area of study is JOURNEYS, which is a vague concept with a rather simple meaning.
As you all know ENGLISH at high school is a subject that does not rely on studying but rather writing essays and turning one sentence into a paragraph through usage of long complicated words and writing as though you were writing to a retard.
This means self-explanatory questions are expected to be written into such detail that even a simple plankton can grasp but be awarded with a 8/10 for not making the answer clear enough for a creature known as an English teacher to understand.

But, ok. Cool. Journeys are just a nonsensical concept and writing about characters changing their perspectives on certain aspects of life is a breeze.
But, wait. I've got Mr. braindead who decided journeys weren't enough.
Instead he shares his obsession of Aboriginals with our already unfortunate class.
I'm not trying to be racist here but let's face it. Aboriginals are just normal people. Just because their ancestors have been living here for more than 40,000 years does not mean they are special. Ok, at first sight 40,000 is a big number and surely they must know something we don't if they've lived for that long. But think about it logically. Everyone's god damn ancestors have been living SOMEWHERE since the human race began. Unless the human race all bursted out of rocks then I don't see anything impressive about Aboriginals.
All Humans have a lifespan of 80 or so years, if your ancestors lived here for 40,000 years that does not mean you or your parent's parent's parent's, etc, have too.
It's like comparing a celebrity's son to the said celebrity. Oh my god. His father is so cool so he must be awesome too... THAT LINE OF THINKING DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL!

What's more frustrating is how he goes on about Aboriginals being unfairly treated by white people since British civilization arrived. This leads on to how superior he believes Aboriginals to be and our class is being tortured by the biased and poorly made film; 'Women of the Sun'. The whole film looked like a cheap shot at white people.
I mean, come on. Those Aboriginal abuse were by our ancestors not us. Yet our teacher thinks they have a right to hate white because of it. Why don't we kill all Germans then? As most of them supported Hitler's ideals.

OK. Peace. Now I have to make a visual representation on the film on a piece of A3 paper which is due tomorrow and I still have a blank piece of paper staring back at me.

acemusic415

HSC
It's funny how you kind of digressed from English to Aboriginals? But I do understand your hatred of English.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You're stupid and your teacher is a closet aboriginal.

Quit your bitching. An 8/10 is not a bad mark first and foremost. There are plenty of kids that would be more than satisfied with that mark. Your complete lack of maturity and knowledge on the subject of English reflects that this is must be a pretty exceptional mark for an essay of yours. The best part is that you say standard is supposed to be simple, but yet complain that you can't perform properly in it. You chose Standard English and you're going to have to live with that choice.

Bored of Studies is not your diary. Please refrain from using it as such in future.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
our YEAR 11 area of study is JOURNEYS, which is a vague concept with a rather simple meaning.
As you all know ENGLISH at high school is a subject that does not rely on studying but rather writing essays and turning one sentence into a paragraph through usage of long complicated words and writing as though you were writing to a retard.
all english concepts are vague you idiot. If you were writing to a retard you wouldn't use complex language.

fakedsanity

HSC
Ok guys. Sorry if I sounded like a bitch whining to his personal diary but that really was not my intention. I was just expressing an opinon on a certain subject matter to know what others think which is a very common thing to do on any forum.
Clearly I do not write like this on my English essays. I just give vague answers, humour the teacher and sympathise with his Aboriginal obssession. It's quite simple really. I don't believe the concept is deep and I think it's all a joke but why do I still pass? Because I know how to manipulate words and I know how to pretend I believe this load of crap.
Also, I never claimed that I was performing poorly in the subject, I just said that my English teacher has no idea what he's going on about and that I should had recieved a higher mark had it been any other teacher than an English one.

And please refrain from calling me an idiot as journeys was the ONLY english concept we have studied from year 7 to 11.
A retard can know complicated words too as that is simply remembering the definitions however they would find accute difficulty in understanding the most basic of concepts and applying common sense to everyday life.

BTW is anyone else out there learning about Aboriginals? Or is it just us.

I stuck a heading, a few pictures of Aboriginals, the summary for the film and the Aboriginal flag for my visual representation of the film. Guess that's around 80% and they call this 'English'.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok guys. Sorry if I sounded like a bitch whining to his personal diary but that really was not my intention. I was just expressing an opinon on a certain subject matter to know what others think which is a very common thing to do on any forum.
Clearly I do not write like this on my English essays. I just give vague answers, humour the teacher and sympathise with his Aboriginal obssession. It's quite simple really. I don't believe the concept is deep and I think it's all a joke but why do I still pass? Because I know how to manipulate words and I know how to pretend I believe this load of crap.
Also, I never claimed that I was performing poorly in the subject, I just said that my English teacher has no idea what he's going on about and that I should had recieved a higher mark had it been any other teacher than an English one.

And please refrain from calling me an idiot as journeys was the ONLY english concept we have studied from year 7 to 11.
A retard can know complicated words too as that is simply remembering the definitions however they would find accute difficulty in understanding the most basic of concepts and applying common sense to everyday life.

BTW is anyone else out there learning about Aboriginals? Or is it just us.

I stuck a heading, a few pictures of Aboriginals, the summary for the film and the Aboriginal flag for my visual representation of the film. Guess that's around 80% and they call this 'English'.
Jouneys are actually a deep concept, its because your exploring an inadequate text.

Congratulations!, you passed a standard english test. Tell the world.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yes. Teachers not trained in marking English essays or analysing English texts are adequately prepared to give you higher marks on an essay they can't understand.

Maybe your line of argument was a little flawed.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
I sounded like a bitch whining to his personal diary but that really was my intention. I know how to manipulate words. I eat massive dick every night. I love jizzing in my hands and smearing it all over my body, specifically my face.
Congrats, you know how to manipulate words.

Existential

HSC
N/A
stop complaining. standard is a joke compared to advanced.

those who do advanced are more than welcome to rage.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I am not sure if this applies to every high school in NSW but our YEAR 11 area of study is JOURNEYS, which is a vague concept with a rather simple meaning.
This means self-explanatory questions are expected to be written into such detail that even a simple plankton can grasp but be awarded with a 8/10 for not making the answer clear enough for a creature known as an English teacher to understand.

But, ok. Cool. Journeys are just a nonsensical concept and writing about characters changing their perspectives on certain aspects of life is a breeze.
But, wait. I've got Mr. braindead who decided journeys weren't enough.
Instead he shares his obsession of Aboriginals with our already unfortunate class.

I'm not trying to be racist here but let's face it. Aboriginals are just normal people. Just because their ancestors have been living here for more than 40,000 years does not mean they are special. Ok, at first sight 40,000 is a big number and surely they must know something we don't if they've lived for that long. But think about it logically. Everyone's god damn ancestors have been living SOMEWHERE since the human race began. Unless the human race all bursted out of rocks then I don't see anything impressive about Aboriginals.
All Humans have a lifespan of 80 or so years, if your ancestors lived here for 40,000 years that does not mean you or your parent's parent's parent's, etc, have too.
It's like comparing a celebrity's son to the said celebrity. Oh my god. His father is so cool so he must be awesome too... THAT LINE OF THINKING DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL!

What's more frustrating is how he goes on about Aboriginals being unfairly treated by white people since British civilization arrived. This leads on to how superior he believes Aboriginals to be and our class is being tortured by the biased and poorly made film; 'Women of the Sun'. The whole film looked like a cheap shot at white people.
I mean, come on. Those Aboriginal abuse were by our ancestors not us. Yet our teacher thinks they have a right to hate white because of it. Why don't we kill all Germans then? As most of them supported Hitler's ideals.

OK. Peace. Now I have to make a visual representation on the film on a piece of A3 paper which is due tomorrow and I still have a blank piece of paper staring back at me.
1. Wrong, so wrong. To get a good mark in English you have to STUDY your texts. That is why there is an area of STUDY for all English students and for Module B of Standard English there is a close STUDY of a text. You have to write in a sophisticated way, too.

2. If you have an issue with your teacher, take it to someone who cares/can actually help you: the HT English at your school or Deputy Principal!

3. Better get to work then...

Quit your bitching. An 8/10 is not a bad mark first and foremost. There are plenty of kids that would be more than satisfied with that mark. Your complete lack of maturity and knowledge on the subject of English reflects that this is must be a pretty exceptional mark for an essay of yours. The best part is that you say standard is supposed to be simple, but yet complain that you can't perform properly in it. You chose Standard English and you're going to have to live with that choice.

Bored of Studies is not your diary. Please refrain from using it as such in future.
+1! :uhhuh:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
We have to find a way of putting OP's rant on failblog.

+2

fakedsanity

HSC
Yeh guys thx for the tips. Ill be moving to ext english tomorow, woo. Shakespeare > aboriginals anyday. Btw does anyone have any tips for ext eng, hope its not as retarded as stand eng :s

fakedsanity

HSC
And to all those haters out there; calm down. Just because i said one teacher wasnt good doesn mean all eng teachers r bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)