Related Text for Gothic Horror? (1 Viewer)

w8t4hope

HSC
I was wondering if anyone has a good, effective suggestion for a related text for Dracula in the Gothic Horror genre. It has to reflect contextual differences between Stoker's Dracula and Buffy (the TV series). RIght now im thinking of a 60's film of Dracula.
It can be any type of text e.g. literature, painting, movie etc.
Frankenstein and Van Helsing can not be used.

THanks for your help!! :D

Last edited:

Mythril

HSC
Hi,

Books by Daphne Du Maurier usually tend to deal with the gothic horror genre, but her best book is probably Rebecca (I read it last year and studied it for school and it was heaps good!) but it's usually classified in the gothic romance section, but if you can somehow twist it into suiting the gothic horror genre it would be a really good book to do. Books like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights by the Bronte sisters are also good examples of the gothic genre. Hope this helps!

Villa94

HSC
In Ext we had to compare Interview with a Vampire (movie) and Dracula and they had some good similarties. So i'd recommend you look into that.

Hope this Helps.

Katie_Belikov

HSC
Well in my class we are doing THe Monk by MAthew Lewis... but The Fall Of THe House Of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe, Picture Of Dorian Gray (novel by Oscar Wilde and recent movie by Oliver Parker featuring Ben Barnes and Collin Firth), Vampire Diaries (the novels especially The Return, Part 2, Shadow Souls), Turn Of The Screw by Henry James and THe Others by Amenabar featuring Nicole Kidman.

I hope this helps you =D

_________________________________________-

English Advanced
English Extension
Mathematics
Mathematics Extension
Physics
Chemistry
Music 1
Visual Arts

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
How about Nosferatu by F.W. Murnau? It's a film adaptation of Stoker's Dracula but it's quite different from it. Contextual difference would be the fact that it is a post-WW1 film by a German director....?
Hope that helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)