HSC
I'm taking at current,
Advanced English
Biology
Economics
Ancient History
IPT
Maths 2U

I'm failing maths and thinking of moving to general, and dropping IPT because teacher can't teach and I don't understand diddly squat. And thinking of picking up extension history later.. Just in case I continue to fail maths...

Just need a second or third opinion on whether or not I'm likely to do well, (has potential, but a lazy student. Or so I'm told by a teacher..)

And how hard is History extension exactly..?

P

pinkcupcakes

I'm taking at current,
Advanced English
Biology
Economics
Ancient History
IPT
Maths 2U

I'm failing maths and thinking of moving to general, and dropping IPT because teacher can't teach and I don't understand diddly squat. And thinking of picking up extension history later.. Just in case I continue to fail maths...

Just need a second or third opinion on whether or not I'm likely to do well, (has potential, but a lazy student. Or so I'm told by a teacher..)

dont bother with general.
scaling is lol.

kcqn93

HSC
I'm taking at current,
Advanced English
Biology
Economics
Ancient History
IPT
Maths 2U

History Extension isn't that hard if you can cope with reading and processing large amounts of information, memorizing and understanding the issues of historiography and the historians/ schools of thinking. You basically have to write 2 types of essays throughout the year (an historiography and a case study) and you have to do a major work on a topic of your choice.

With your subjects, History Extension would be good, as you would have heaps of time to work on it, as you do 2U maths (possibly general) and you're gonna drop IPT.

I would recommend you keep all your subjects and work harder to get your marks/ranks up. btw, it's a bit early to be thinking of dropping, you never know how much you can improve in 5 months...

Zippers n Stuff

HSC
I reckon I can do the Extension history, but I know I fail with numbers so hence general, and IPT I know I'm not going to like because the teacher can't and literally doesn't teach and I'm not fond of the subject.

What do you think at trying to do really really well at general maths hoping it would scale ever so higher...? Long shot I know, but I'd like an opinion.

kcqn93

HSC
I reckon I can do the Extension history, but I know I fail with numbers so hence general, and IPT I know I'm not going to like because the teacher can't and literally doesn't teach and I'm not fond of the subject.

What do you think at trying to do really really well at general maths hoping it would scale ever so higher...? Long shot I know, but I'd like an opinion.
well I personally would never touch General Maths, but I guess you manage to get 95+ along with band 5 - 6 in the other subjects, you'll be fine

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I'm taking at current,
Advanced English
Biology
Economics
Ancient History
IPT
Maths 2U

Instead of Maths 2U, since you don't seem to enjoy maths, why not choose Modern History or Chemistry? Both are solid choices with high scaling, and seem to follow in the lines of the other subjects you have chosen (Bio & Ancient)

Zippers n Stuff

HSC
well I personally would never touch General Maths, but I guess you manage to get 95+ along with band 5 - 6 in the other subjects, you'll be fine
Hmm, looks like I have a tough year ahead but I suppose I can persevere.

Instead of Maths 2U, since you don't seem to enjoy maths, why not choose Modern History or Chemistry? Both are solid choices with high scaling, and seem to follow in the lines of the other subjects you have chosen (Bio & Ancient)
It's not that I don't enjoy maths, I'm just find it difficult to pick up abstract concepts, otherwise I'm fine with it. So as opposed to fail 2U, I can do general, satisfy myself with playing with numbers, learning an odd thing or two and maybe hopefully get a nicer mark.
Besides, it's not like there's anything nicer that I would do in that line anyway..

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
there's not much that you can change tbh.. stick with what you've got and lift your game!
If you're lazy in certain subjects, you're almost guaranteed to be lazy in others as well.

It's all up to you.

sonispucca

HSC
The modern history sounds fine, but wouldnt chemistry be difficult if they are having problems with maths?
The extension history could be a good choice but would involve a lot of reading and dedication too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)