Subjects for year 11??? (1 Viewer)

Mandingo1

HSC
Hi,

I want to go to uni and study something in the medical field. Im trying to decide on which subjects to select for year 11.

Currently i'm thinking of doing advanced english, physics, biology and either maths or general maths... I'm not sure of what else to do :S

Also if im doing physics should i do maths or general maths???
My science teacher has told me that physics has a lot of algebra and equations and such.

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry is a pre-requisite for medicine at some universities, and helps with medical subjects

Maths helps with science... I would suggest starting with 2U then drpping to general if it is too hard

nixon3

HSC
Chemistry is a pre-requisite for medicine at some universities, and helps with medical subjects

Maths helps with science... I would suggest starting with 2U then drpping to general if it is too hard
isnt the only pre-requiste 2 unit maths for medicine????????

NewiJapper

HSC
nixon3 said:
isnt the only pre-requiste 2 unit maths for medicine????????
No, as well as that though, you will need to do 4 unit illegible handwriting and extension 1 & 2 of wasting time to get into medicine.

octopie

HSC
You should do 2U maths, I think the mathematical content of physics is more like 2U than general. Yes, lots of algebra and equations and formulae. But yeah good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)