should i drop ext 1 maths (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
For my 1/2 yearlies i got 58% and have gotten around 40 's and 50's for all the other topic tests.But or 2u im pretty consistent and have gotten all 70's throughout this year.

so can somebody give me some advice.

i do really well in the sciences and English so im thinking of dropping to 2u mathematics for 2 reasons.

1.i find it really simple to study for and i am positive without ext.1 if i just study for 2u i ca get 90's.(because i'll have more time).

2.more time/effort left for the sciences.

pretty much would doing 2u "hurt" my atar much.i need a atar of 80+.

Existential

HSC
N/A
For my 1/2 yearlies i got 58% and have gotten around 40 's and 50's for all the other topic tests.But or 2u im pretty consistent and have gotten all 70's throughout this year.

i do really well in the sciences and English so im thinking of dropping to 2u mathematics for 2 reasons.

1.i find it really simple to study for and i am positive without ext.1 if i just study for 2u i ca get 90's.(because i'll have more time).

Answer: drop to 2 unit.
Reasons: as you have just stated above.

muzeikchun852

HSC
u should drop it if u found difficulty in 3U maths. but i think u should continue til the end of year 11 and see whether u could keep up or not. personally i would die without 3U maths and just doing 2U maths. :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yer man drop it. it's only worth one unit, and if you're struggling with just 'passes' then ye.r. drop it

assiduous

HSC
What they said.
You should drop it.
You would do so much better at 2 Unit.
For me, i did 3 unit and still am, but i regret keeping it. I have not passed a single 3 unit maths test but i'm hoping to pass one soon, as i had personal issues last year and most of this year.

But in your shoes, i would drop it.

assiduous

HSC

If you kept 3 unit, i'd say that would hurt your ATAR more.
You can get 80 ATAR easily. :)

micuzzo

HSC
i think it depends on what you want to do after school.. since ur in yr11 this may change by the time you get to yr12..so maybe you should keep it until yr12

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
You should drop it.
You would do so much better at 2 Unit.
For me, i did 3 unit and still am, but i regret keeping it. I have not passed a single 3 unit maths test but i'm hoping to pass one soon, as i had personal issues last year and most of this year.

But in your shoes, i would drop it.
you.

you should drop it too.

BeeemER

HSC
What's your schools rank?

What rank are you in 3u?

How many ppl are there in 3u?

but atar of 80 is easy.

Cowbell

HSC
At my school 50% in an ext 1 exam is about average. It depends on how hard your exams are.

And of the 30 kids doing extension 1 maths last year, 25 got over 90 ATAR. 50% might not be so bad.

harry_potte

HSC
drop to 2U as it means that you are saving heaps of extra time. one extra unit uses up at least 3 hours more each work of hw and study so i wud recommend dropping it:santa:

HSC
Uni Grad
drop to 2U as it means that you are saving heaps of extra time. one extra unit uses up at least 3 hours more each work of hw and study so i wud recommend dropping it:santa:
LOLOLOL you stole my signature :L

anyway to the OP

ummm I suggest you drop it if the results still remain the same standard
but as for now keep it until the end of year 11...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)