What is prelim for? (1 Viewer)

DARA92

HSC
N/A
I've heard that nothing we learn in year 11 will be tested in HSC,
only exception is Maths.............., is it true?

If it is ture, what is Year 11 prelim for?:eek:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard that nothing we learn in year 11 will be tested in HSC,
only exception is Maths.............., is it true?

If it is ture, what is Year 11 prelim for?:eek:
So retards like you don't get into year 12.

kr73114

HSC
thats correct ,nothing is needed in year 11 except maths. but the basic stuff from each of your subjects from year 11 will help in year 12. prelim is meant for practice b4 HSC. good time to make mistakes.

santiii

HSC
I'm pretty sure they can test up to 30% of prelim content in the HSC exams. Obviously some subjects like English don't include any content but lots of HSIE subjects can.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure they can test up to 30% of prelim content in the HSC exams. Obviously some subjects like English don't include any content but lots of HSIE subjects can.
Which HSIE subjects can examine up to 30%. Neither of the Histories can I know and I have never heard anyone in my staffroom say that 30% can be examined.

The background to the Preliminary year goes back to the mid-90s. Prior to that the HSC examined the full two years work so kids who left after Year 11 (to get apprenticeships etc) had no additional qualification to the SC. In addition we had a young swimmer coming through the ranks who was about to enter Year 11 and was making noises about not being able to continue school and swimming so the two issues combined saw the former two year courses divided into two one year courses called Preliminary and then HSC with some form of recognition based on completing the Preliminary year (the swimmer by the way was Ian Thorpe).

stevey6404

HSC
So you can test out new ideas and techniques so you can figure out what's right and what's not for you in year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)