Physical fitness (1 Viewer)

kittyful

HSC
I have an assignment for PDHPE and i and i need some help in Discussing the Validity and reliability of the vertical jump test, sit and reach test, beep test and the illinois agility run

Any help would be appreciated :D

ps. this is due in a few days :D

bored of sc

HSC
I have an assignment for PDHPE and i and i need some help in Discussing the Validity and reliability of the vertical jump test, sit and reach test, beep test and the illinois agility run

Any help would be appreciated :D

ps. this is due in a few days :D
Haven't done PDHPE in over two years but I'll have a try anyway.

The vertical jump test assesses power - a combination of speed and strength to produce a single, explosive movement.

The sit and reach test assesses flexibility - the range of motion of muscles.

The beep test assesses cardiovascular endurance - the efficiency of the heart to deliver oxygenated blood around the body to working muscles for extended period of time.

Illinois agility test assesses agility (obviously) - the ability to change direction at speed, smoothly and efficiently.

In a discussion you need to outline the positives and negatives of each test.

Validity - Whether or not the fitness test fairly and accurately assesses the compontent of fitness i.e. does a beep test properly assess an individual's cardiovascular endurance? How effective is the test?

Reliability - How repeatable is the test? If you were to repeat the test multiple times would similar results be achieved? Can the fitness results of different individuals be standardised i.e. comparable?

Hope that's what you're looking for. Best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)