Year 11 - Society and culture. (1 Viewer)

AllieJay

HSC
Hi , My name is Allie.
Im new here.. Im not quite sure what to do. But I have questions.
Im in a small Society and culture class. I have many learning difficulties.. and its hard for me to catch on with this Society and Culture.. Although it may well be self explanatory , i find this difficult.

My Teacher"KINDLY" set us a "LITTLE" task to write on this question.
Q: Is the term Adolecence universal ?<---- Part one of the Question. How has the concept of adolescence changed across time. <--- Second part.

Im not asking for the question answered. But simply to be put on the right track here.
Thank you
x

Existential

HSC
N/A
Hi , My name is Allie.
Im new here.. Im not quite sure what to do. But I have questions.
Im in a small Society and culture class. I have many learning difficulties.. and its hard for me to catch on with this Society and Culture.. Although it may well be self explanatory , i find this difficult.

My Teacher"KINDLY" set us a "LITTLE" task to write on this question.
Q: Is the term Adolecence universal ?<---- Part one of the Question. How has the concept of adolescence changed across time. <--- Second part.

Im not asking for the question answered. But simply to be put on the right track here.
Thank you
x
hi,

i've done this - the key to the question would be to refer to adolescence as a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

using that concept will help you.

good luck.

Emespre

HSC
This is a couple of months late so it wouldn't help for this task, but in case you end up seeing this again it might help for information in general:

* Adolescence is a term used in Western societies (as Existential said, it's a social construction)
* Adolescence came in after World War 2, used to be 12-18or19, and is now 9ish-29 as people are staying at home and relying on their parents later and more. For example, our parents' generation often married younger and had more responsibility at younger ages, whereas our generation is often staying at home while attending university, becoming financially independent later on, etc. The change of ages is also affected by the media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)