English Advanced (1 Viewer)

mc1007

HSC
Hey all,

I have to do a speech for my next english assessment in 2 weeks for module B - critical study of text. My class is doing Salinger's novel "The Catcher in the Rye".

For the speech we have to write an affirmative response to the statement "A novel is more than a story". Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could possibly write about for this?

Thanks in advance.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Hey all,

I have to do a speech for my next english assessment in 2 weeks for module B - critical study of text. My class is doing Salinger's novel "The Catcher in the Rye".

For the speech we have to write an affirmative response to the statement "A novel is more than a story". Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could possibly write about for this?

Thanks in advance.
im doing the catcher in the rye as well. but im doing it for module a instead of b. :eek::eek:

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm guessing that your teacher expects you to talk about the deeper meaning of the novel, the values that it presents, the ideas it conveys and possibly its relevance to modern audiences etc. Something along the lines of while the story is entertaining, the composer also challenges our views that all elephants should be taught to scuba dive and sent on a mission to invade mars. Or whatever catcher in the rye is about, I haven't read it.

if that makes sense? =\

mc1007

HSC
I'm guessing that your teacher expects you to talk about the deeper meaning of the novel, the values that it presents, the ideas it conveys and possibly its relevance to modern audiences etc. Something along the lines of while the story is entertaining, the composer also challenges our views that all elephants should be taught to scuba dive and sent on a mission to invade mars. Or whatever catcher in the rye is about, I haven't read it.

if that makes sense? =\
Yeah that helps heaps! Thanks so much.

muzeikchun852

HSC

if that makes sense? =\
probably the materalistic society and the american dream then. huge theme in the catcher in the rye. as well as the trasition of childhood and adulthood.

isimmmonn

HSC
i have to do huckleberry Finn and turning points that change huck... can any1 help me ??? maybe some turning points and what they mean?

thank you

muzeikchun852

HSC
i have to do huckleberry Finn and turning points that change huck... can any1 help me ??? maybe some turning points and what they mean?

thank you
u have open a specific thread for ur topic. because i read catcher in the rye, thats why i know, but i havent read huckleberry finn, so i cant help u.

Existential

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Thanks in advance.
are you doing module B first then module A?

and why don't we do module C in prelim?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)