"Journey To Freedom" Help? (1 Viewer)

sydanee14

Premium Member
HSC
Hi :)

I have to write an essay for Advanced English about the text Journey To Freedom. I'm also using Looking For Alibrandi. If anyone has any notes or advice on either of these texts that would be helpful.

The essay question is
"On our lifes journey, relationships play a significant role in defining who we are."
Discuss this statement with reference to Looking For Alibrandi AND Journey To Freedom as a related text.

Any help is appreciated :)</SPAN>

mehdeeka

HSC
"On our lifes journey, relationships play a significant role in defining who we are."
Discuss this statement with reference to Looking For Alibrandi AND Journey To Freedom as a related text.

I think this is pretty easy, I haven't seen/read Journey To Freedom, but I've watched/read Looking For Alibrandi.
Discuss this statement-
talk about Alibrandi's relationships with key characters, ie, her family, the Italian background, as this is an essential part of herself, so her mothers/grandmothers influence on her, and how her relationships with them go through some shaky times, yet she always goes back to them. The guy (whats his name) and how he defines how she sees some things in a new perspective, and her relationship with him allows her to mature (use some sucky crap about how this is some internal journey for her as she flourishes and grows)
Basically, you can ask yourself, if the main character never met the other characters, and never had those relationships, would they still be who they are?

spakfilla

HSC
Also add some kind of multicultural element to it and the teachers will froth all over it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)