Historical Investigation help required :( (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
Hello fellow BOS'ers.

Recently I was issued with the task of historical investigation for Modern History and I've finally decided on my focus questions and complementing sub questions. But the thing is; I've tried to write my final draft and then suddenly had an epiphany. I don't have any historical argument to base my assignment around. Is it compulsory for the investigation to support a historical argument?? D: I have absolutely zilch of an idea.

I would ask my friends but the discombobulated responses I receive from them isn't exactly aiding me...And I've a substitute teacher for this term despite the investigation being due in 2 days >___<"

P.S I was planning on focusing around the aftermath of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

Thanks for help. Any input appreciated!

pooshwaltzer

HSC
Prior historical examples w.r.t the Hiroshima incident would be rare since that event had proven itself to be a defining moment in history and turning point in global geo-political dynamics. The use of the then nuclear option was more to do with halting Soviet advancement (spread of Communism) than to obliterate the Imperial Japanese. You can perhaps use some example of drastic action to end an Impasse which frequently occur in the 8 crusades (c.f Canterbury Tales). Contextual precedence for your topic "aftermath of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima" is all but non-existent given both scale and scope of world events and global conflict. I think you may have dug yourself into an awkward predicament.

Memi

HSC
N/A
Prior historical examples w.r.t the Hiroshima incident would be rare since that event had proven itself to be a defining moment in history and turning point in global geo-political dynamics. The use of the then nuclear option was more to do with halting Soviet advancement (spread of Communism) than to obliterate the Imperial Japanese. You can perhaps use some example of drastic action to end an Impasse which frequently occur in the 8 crusades (c.f Canterbury Tales). Contextual precedence for your topic "aftermath of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima" is all but non-existent given both scale and scope of world events and global conflict. I think you may have dug yourself into an awkward predicament.
So you're saying that it's not really comprehensible? Or that it's difficult to research? :[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)