How many hours a day do you study now? (1 Viewer)

animeiswild

HSC
Back in my junior high years i never really studied but now there is just too much work that i need to do work everyday. I roughly do 2 hours of homework everyday. Maybe four hours on sunday. So how much do you study?

What is the recommended amount of time put into study per day?

mmo

HSC
well it always worked for me to do four hour slabs of study every day expt weekends where u will do 2 four hour slabs.
U could have friday completely off (after school that is!)
In the four hours you have a 10 min break every 50 minutes.
And u do 1 subject at a time. (4 subjects a day so prioritise)
This is study time and NOT homework time.
Homework u should try to do in your free periods at school or on ur way back home.
So effectively u r looking at 4hours +Homework time
Since u r in yr 11 u might get away with 3 hour slabs.
But for maths no way.
Because as u know 30% of yr 11 maths is in the HSC.

Let me know if u want to know more...

animeiswild

HSC
I am sad to say that my homework takes more than a journey back home which is 1/2 an hour, it's also a stand up train ride, too hard to find a seat. Also i have NO free periods, unlike some lucky people. If i do 4 hours daily, where do u get ur time to eat and shower and stuff? Man you must sleep late... ANd maths is all about homework, i don't see how another way u can study aside from doing the homework... I also have tutoring 3 times a week and music lessons which each take 2 hours, so thats already 8 hours off my week. T^T But really, 4 hours a day is the recommended? are u sure? that sounds like overload to me....

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
4 hours on weekdays and 10-12 hours on weekends.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
You guys honestly don't need to be doing 4+ hours of study a night. I did all my homework and assignments (which with my subject workload varied each week, but was anywhere between 1 hour and maximum 3 hours a night.) I would only do reading over notes of the week on the weekends, and then do some extra reading during the week for case studies in legal, source analysis in Ancient / Modern, novel reading for English. The only time I had set hours of study was just prior to exam weeks / assessment weeks, and then it'd be only a couple of hours a night (if that).

Don't stress too much guys. Trust me, you don't need to focus on how many hours you do a day, but more so what you now understand better or have learned due to your study. (You might understand something better in 10 minutes, rather than spending copious hours re-reading the same information). Don't burn yourselves out, and the best of the luck with Preliminary. n_n Enjoy your year guys, and remember work on establishing the necessary study habits that are needed for year 12, learn how you work best; not how others do.

Gigacube

HSC
Yeah, I think a few people are taking prelim too seriously. You're going to burn out so quickly in HSC if you don't chill. Take the advice of people who have been through prelim.

I usually do 1-2 hours per night. I should probably do a bit extra as I'm doing a subject accelerated.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
you don't even need to do 4 hours + a night in the hsc unless you want like 99.95..
in prelim, all that's really needed to do is homework and maybe 1 hour~~ study a night. Wait it's prelim. Scrap study and just do maths

either way, try not to burn yourself dead

Last edited:

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Back in my junior high years i never really studied but now there is just too much work that i need to do work everyday. I roughly do 2 hours of homework everyday. Maybe four hours on sunday. So how much do you study?

What is the recommended amount of time put into study per day?
I don't study or revise. Managing homework is enough trouble for me already :p
If I worked hardcore without procrastinating, i'd spend no more than an hour a day. But when I procrastinate, I'd spend like 2 hours doing my hw.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I don't.

I do the homework and then when an assessment is coming up I'll study for it, other than that I don't spend copious amounts of time on crap.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I didn't study at all except before finals.

90.60 waddup.

drmahodi

HSC
LOL
Way to take things way too seriously...
Start getting out more guys, get a girlfriend or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)