is doing well in english a must for good marks in yr 12? (1 Viewer)

suiyi_z

i've always been pretty good at english but i'm really busy now and i havn't really written anything great. so is it okay if i concentrate on my hsc subjects this year and leave english to do well in, in yr 12?? ( i'm accerlated in maths..doing hsc a year earlier)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
it's true taht nothing counts in yr 11, but i wouldn't advise slacking off english especially... The thing with english is that up to year 10, it's usually pretty relaxed and easy to get through... it totally changes in ur senior years...

jus set up a timetable - concentrate on maths sure, but always keep aside some time to check ur english work is up to date.. oh, and pay attention to what ur teacher says about ur writing.. comments are meant to be constructive =)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
constructive comments are the best thing you can get and respond to.. ive always been good in english, but now im ripping ass due to stuff like that... def. do some good work in english in yr11, you can immitate styles for yr12 :)

Kulazzi

HSC
My cousin chose standard english but in his uai he got 75 (because he got like 94 in maths or sumthing), even though he got an average uai, he didn't get any uni offers whereas my bro got the same mark except he did adv. eng. so I think my cousin didn't get a uni offer cos he chose standar eng. :confused:? So now he's forced to do TAFE :( poor guy....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I did well in english in year 11 (ranked 2nd) and l am used to the workload. I am about the same rank this year (so far) and it gives me motivation...especially to beat bec (l can try!!) who's coming 1st.

Try to get the basics under your belt and know them - well.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I would say it is, considering that english MUST count towards your UAI.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
I would say it is, considering that english MUST count towards your UAI.
I agree. I mean I hate the way English is taught for the HSC and the texts are really shithouse but seeing as it's going to count and the fact that if you do really well in it... you will be greatful then you may as well try. I bludged a bit with my other 2 subjects & focused mainly on maths & english... glad I did now.

santaslayer

HSC
just keep up with english, but coz ur accelerated in maths u should concentrate on it......but plz do sum work for other subz in yr 11 as well, at least u will get a good foundation in those others subz.....excessive work on other subz is total;l unecessary coz u know ur smart......ur ACCELERATED.....just keep up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)