Hi! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi :D I just have a random question that I wanted to ask. Just say, if a person came first first internally and got 100 in the external exam, would they be guaranteed a state rank of 1?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi :D I just have a random question that I wanted to ask. Just say, if a person came first first internally and got 100 in the external exam, would they be guaranteed a state rank of 1?
100 raw? In most cases, yes. Not sure about 3u maths though, your school ranking could play a part in that.

iBibah

HSC
100 raw? In most cases, yes. Not sure about 3u maths though, your school ranking could play a part in that.
Your school ranking NEVER plays a part in anything. It is not even official. If you come first internally and get 100 externally surely you would get a state rank. You come first. You get the highest exam mark. The highest exam mark is 100 by yourself. Your internal is 100, hence your HSC is 100.

Unless you mean they look at how much you came first at your school by, and how your cohort went?

deswa1

HSC
If you come first and get a raw 100 you are guaranteed to come at least equal top in the state EXCEPT for potentially 3U maths. This is because quite a few people in the state get full marks in 3U and they then look at your performance in other maths subs (4U). Therefore you might not state top if you didn't rip 4U as well.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Your school ranking NEVER plays a part in anything. It is not even official. If you come first internally and get 100 externally surely you would get a state rank. You come first. You get the highest exam mark. The highest exam mark is 100 by yourself. Your internal is 100, hence your HSC is 100.

Unless you mean they look at how much you came first at your school by, and how your cohort went?
relax.

Say 50,000 people got 100 raw in 4u. You'd start to look at their school rank as a last, last resort differentiability?

Not sure, though =/.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I thought they looked at the gap between 1st and 2nd at the school or something along those lines in the case of 100 externals and internal 1st ranks

iBibah

HSC
relax.

Say 50,000 people got 100 raw in 4u. You'd start to look at their school rank as a last, last resort differentiability?

Not sure, though =/.
haha i am relaxed.

yeh i see what you mean, but what is school rank? It is a list telling us who got the most b6s/exams sat, not even by bos. Does it sound right that a student who got 100 internally and externally will not state rank because his schools last years cohort didnt have many b6s?

I think deswa is right because I have read that somewhere before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)