can i repeat year 11 ? (1 Viewer)

jaydonbuttling

HSC
im not doing to good in my year 11 so far because i have had family drama's and etc this year and i was wondering if it was possible to repeat year 11 now ? so i can have a fresh new start with no drama's outside of school, so is it possible ?

xdosha

HSC
Why would you want to repeat year 11?

It doesn't count towards your ATAR. So relax.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No point. Either leave school and get a job, or just move onto year 12.

deswa1

HSC
Why would you want to repeat year 11?

It doesn't count towards your ATAR. So relax.
This. There's more than enough time to turn things around.

deswa1

HSC
it will be hard to get a job with a shitty year 11 report
No it most definitely will not. Employers don't give a shit about your year 11 report, tbh they couldn't even care less about your ATAR. Once your at uni, its your uni marks + your extracirriculars (leadership etc.) that they care about and once you've got a job, even your uni marks become semi-irrelavant as then they care more about experience.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can repeat any year.

If you think that you have made a mess of Year 11 then repeating might be a good idea as you will have sounder skills going into Year 12 but you will be with a different group of kids and you will need to make some friends in that year as well as those in your current year - who will move on without you so even though you see them daily you will be isoloated from them in many ways.

You will also have to see if your current subjects will work in the new lines - I know that my school makes new lines each year so it is hard for a student to repeat a year - not impossible mind you.

har

HSC
Why would you repeat year 11. Year 7-11 do jack shit for anything in life its basically just to introduce you to the environment of study. Don't repeat thats retarded no employer is going to check a year 11 report ever, most people fuck around for years 7-11 and actually start studying in year 12. You'll just waste a year of your life, also your atar means so little in life to

enoilgam

HSC
No it most definitely will not. Employers don't give a shit about your year 11 report, tbh they couldn't even care less about your ATAR. Once your at uni, its your uni marks + your extracirriculars (leadership etc.) that they care about and once you've got a job, even your uni marks become semi-irrelavant as then they care more about experience.
This pretty much - to be honest repeating year 11 will be a big waste of time (even repeating year 12 is a waste).

ali-fc

HSC
Move into yr 12 why would u even bother year 11s a bludge anyway ur just gonna waste a previous year!

leesh95

HSC
I'm thinking about repeating too. I made a mess of year 11 with a 75-80% range in each subject but worse in ext. math. I had a lot of family troubles and drama's as well at the start and I didn't really bother paying attention. During mid-terms I didn't even study properly like I made no notes and just read over the worksheets and things we do in class work. I would've done so much better if I was focused from the start.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about repeating too. I made a mess of year 11 with a 75-80% range in each subject but worse in ext. math. I had a lot of family troubles and drama's as well at the start and I didn't really bother paying attention. During mid-terms I didn't even study properly like I made no notes and just read over the worksheets and things we do in class work. I would've done so much better if I was focused from the start.
75-80% is more than fine. Some people would be stoked to get that. It's not worth repeating, because the year isn't worth anything towards your final marks.

kevintang

HSC
had 1 class with this dumb asian sloot in it named Paulina in yr 11, she basically skipped at least 1/4 of the year to see her boyfriend who was out of school because she didn't have any close friends (she transferred here when she was yr 9). She got shit grades and repeated yr 11 - our grade thinks she's dumb and slutty as fuck

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
do not repeat year 11, wtf?
do year 12, and if ur atar is extremely low, then u can repeat year 12 because year 11 does not count what so ever.
or do uni transfer to get into ur desired course.
the things u study in year 11 have nothing to do with year 12 especially for chemistry and phhysics, u dont revisit the year 11 stuff, maybe for english and maths u need preliminary knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)