Subject Selection for Yr 11 (1 Viewer)

Eurydice

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm in Yr 10 currently choosing subjects for Yr 11. What do you guys think of the workload? Do you enjoy these subjects? At our school, if we do both Ext English and Ext Maths, we have to start on 14 units and we're allowed to drop to 12 after Term 1. Also, I do accelerated Ext Maths so next year, I want to spend the most time on that because I'll be doing the HSC course.

Here they are:
English Advanced (2 unit)
English Extension (1 unit)
Maths (2 unit)
Maths Extension (1 unit)
French Continuers (2 unit)
Modern History (2 unit)
Chemistry (2 unit)
PDHPE (2 unit)
=14 units

My plan is to bludge PDHPE for a term and drop it. I find it fun but I don't want to do 14 units and I'd rather focus on the other subjects. For Yr 12, I want to drop either Chemistry or Modern History and pick up more extensions in English, Maths and French. In the long term, I want to study Law/Media but my parents and teachers also say to keep my options open. What do you think?

Thanks.

starshine02

HSC
If you wanna keep your options open then your subjects seem good because you have a science, hsie subject and even a language! with the two extensions i think the workload would be alright as im doing that now and its not as hard as you would think it to be. but in the end it just depends on how good you are at the subject i guess.

Grace_13

HSC
Make sure that PE is something you COULD do for the HSC because things change allot and you may get to the HSC course and realise you have a huge workload with both english and maths extensions (from experience they are the same work as a 2 unit subject, and more if you do ext 2 english and do a major work). You may be fine, but jsut make sure you kee your options open. I chose art thinking i would drop it for HSC but now i am struggling to cope with chemistry (i never imagined i would struggle with it because i did fine in Yr 10) and now i am realising i will do better to do art than chem for HSC, but i never really planned it that way.

So just keep your options open and make sure all yoru subjects are ones you would be happy doing for the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)