Part time work in the Prelim year? (1 Viewer)

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I was talking with my maths teacher the other day, and he said working in the prelim + HSC years "ridiculous"

I was just wondering:

1. Do you have a part-time job?
If you don't, would you get one if there was one available?

I personally don't have one and was interested in getting one until my maths teacher told me that.

Opinions?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It is not ridiculous at all. In fact it is a good idea and will make you a better all rounder.

No one wants to hire someone who got a 99 atar/HDs at uni, yet has no work experience or social skills etc.

Mdzabakly

HSC
i worked in the beg of this year but stopeed cuz i wanted to focus fully on study (trying to get dux), i might have continued working if i wasn't planing on dux. personally i wouldn't continue working in the hsc cuz i would focus wholly on work.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Answer to question: Nope and nope.

But there's nothing wrong with having a part-time job during prelim and/or HSC. If you have good time management, it'd be all fine.

Thief

!!
HSC
I'm in yr11 currently, and I have been working 9hrs a week all year without any trouble at all =)

Charlotte00

HSC
It is not ridiculous at all. In fact it is a good idea and will make you a better all rounder.

No one wants to hire someone who got a 99 atar/HDs at uni, yet has no work experience or social skills etc.
This is very true- my friend's Mum hires people for professional jobs and if they have had no previous job experience, they're gone.
I work 5 hours a week because my parents don't pay my way. Good and bad in different ways.

Leviathan96

HSC
I work 14 hours a week and have no trouble maintaining my grades. If anything, you learn how to manage your time!

starshine02

HSC
I work mainly in the holidays because i have more time then but during the term i volunteer at a charity store but not a lot. i think it's completely alright to work as long as you can balance it with school.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol at the end of year 10 my Maths teacher told me working gave you a balance and good time management.

I had a job for year 11 and 12 and I did fine.

And I'm not organised at all. :haha:

jnney

lemon
HSC
I had a job at the beginning of year 12, but the only reason why I quit was because I didn't like the environment and travel distance was a bit far. You're not going to be studying 24/7, 7 days a week. Give it a shot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)