Think my friend's tutor may have written part of her assessment?! (1 Viewer)

sienna_

HSC
Hi guys,

I have reason to suspect that my friend's tutor may have written parts of her english speech for her.

A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally saw my friend email the task notification, marking criteria and her individual question for the speech to her tutor, knowing that she had a session with her tutor that very afternoon.

I don't have any tutors and don't know much about them, so could someone please tell me whether this allowed or not? And how much of the assessment are tutors allowed to see/work on?

After this, I watched her work on her speech during class and she wrote a pretty average introduction for it. Then the next week, she came to school with an amazingly written speech that had a completely different introduction...

Am I looking into this situation too much, or is my friend using her tutor dishonestly?

What do you think I should about this situation? We're only in Year 11, should I report it? And if so, who to?

Thanks! Help is really appreciated, I am so confused about what to do...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It is obviously wrong but there is not much the can be some about it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
They probably rewrote it for her, realised it was shit, and then wrote their own stuff.

It won't effect you as long as they write really good essays and she memorises them for the final exams.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
There's nothing to stop tutors from writing speeches/essays/whatever for their students, and pretty much no way you can prove she cheated by getting someone else to write her speech for her. Having said that, teachers might notice if there's a huge difference in your friends' marks between exams at school and assessments they can do at home, and address it with them, but there's no reason for you to get involved.

As someone who has tutored for a few years now, I never write someone's essays or speeches for them, but I do help them get on the right track and give rather structured guidance if I feel they need it.

barbernator

HSC
It's your friend! dont be slack. seriously, friendships are much greater than english assessments... priorities!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
People purchase exemplar essays from high English achievers and pass it off as their own, let alone having their tutors write it for them.

There's absolutely nothing you can do. It's a factor you need to consider whilst planning the effort required to obtain the mark you're aiming for.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I too tutor but would never write an essay/speech for a student but would give them guidance and feedback on what they have done.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
So?
Hi guys,

I have reason to suspect that my friend's tutor may have written parts of her english speech for her.

A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally saw my friend email the task notification, marking criteria and her individual question for the speech to her tutor, knowing that she had a session with her tutor that very afternoon.

I don't have any tutors and don't know much about them, so could someone please tell me whether this allowed or not? And how much of the assessment are tutors allowed to see/work on?

After this, I watched her work on her speech during class and she wrote a pretty average introduction for it. Then the next week, she came to school with an amazingly written speech that had a completely different introduction...

Am I looking into this situation too much, or is my friend using her tutor dishonestly?

What do you think I should about this situation? We're only in Year 11, should I report it? And if so, who to?

Thanks! Help is really appreciated, I am so confused about what to do...

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
If you are so worried about it report her to the principal

music2love

HSC
Seems like you care more about beating your friend than your actual friendship
Its year 11. Its not like it matters.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, all of you are terribly judgemental. This girl is just trying to keep her schooling fair, and most of you would probably do worse in her situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)