Wanting to Drop 2 Subjects for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

jleserve

HSC
Just a quick question for you guys, I'm currently studying the minimum requirement of 12 units for Year 11 which are:

Advanced English
General Maths
Economics
Ancient History
Modern History
PDHPE

My rankings are all within the top 25% mostly except for Economics which I'm about 2nd or 3rd last :|. I plan to drop Eco whilst picking up Extension History next year and this would bring me to 11 units. The problem here is I'd be stuck with 5 units of history and I don't particularly enjoy Ancient, is there any way I can drop Ancient as well as Economics by picking up another unit from somewhere in or out of school?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Just a quick question for you guys, I'm currently studying the minimum requirement of 12 units for Year 11 which are:

Advanced English
General Maths
Economics
Ancient History
Modern History
PDHPE

My rankings are all within the top 25% mostly except for Economics which I'm about 2nd or 3rd last :|. I plan to drop Eco whilst picking up Extension History next year and this would bring me to 11 units. The problem here is I'd be stuck with 5 units of history and I don't particularly enjoy Ancient, is there any way I can drop Ancient as well as Economics by picking up another unit from somewhere in or out of school?
Nope.

Unless you're willing to complete a course outside of school through TAFE - 2 years worth of content in 1 year.

jleserve

HSC
:(

I thought that was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask right? Oh well.
I have considered picking up Extension 1 English to complete in TAFE however, is there anyone who has done so in the past and would anyone recommend it?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Because the OP hasn't done Ext English in Year 11 so hasn't done the preliminary course in that. Most schools aren't set up to do two years worth of Ext 1 in one year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I know for my HSC at least - our Prelim and HSC work was disjoint. I felt that I could've jumped in to EX1 at the start of the HSC course and did fine...

Though I wouldn't have a "year"'s worth of experience with EX1 style essays and writing, etc.

pscecelia

HSC
Omg so can we do a HSC course eg.maths 2U through Tafe and complete the entire 2 yr course into 1 year???

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg so can we do a HSC course eg.maths 2U through Tafe and complete the entire 2 yr course into 1 year???
Yeppers.

Brb, going to do Chemistry and English at TAFE and not have internals effect my mark. (Not really, but if I did it'd push my ATAR up. :( )

pscecelia

HSC
OMG Seriously ??!! So if I were to do maths at tafe would I be able to drop one subject and have 12 units including the maths I would do at Tafe??? Or would I have to stick with 12 units Plus the maths also if I were to do the maths at Tafe would it be recognized as tertiary qualification mathematics or.....

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG Seriously ??!! So if I were to do maths at tafe would I be able to drop one subject and have 12 units including the maths I would do at Tafe??? Or would I have to stick with 12 units Plus the maths also if I were to do the maths at Tafe would it be recognized as tertiary qualification mathematics or.....
yes. (I think, I haven't done it)
For HSC, yes.
You wouldn't need 14 units.
No. HSC Mathematics is not tertiary Mathematics.

pscecelia

HSC
Wait I said it wrong I meant is the Tafe mathematics equivalent to the HSC mathematics, so if I wanted to get into a course that required maths but I didn't do HSC however I have done the maths at Tafe does it suffice ???

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait I said it wrong I meant is the Tafe mathematics equivalent to the HSC mathematics, so if I wanted to get into a course that required maths but I didn't do HSC however I have done the maths at Tafe does it suffice ???
Your question is terrible.

If you do HSC Mathematics at TAFE you have done HSC Mathematics but at TAFE instead of at a high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)