Subject Pick up Help (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Hello

Just want to ask you guys your opinion on something I have at school. The subjects that I am currently doing are 3 unit maths, physics, standard english, business studies, SDD and SOR 1.

My physics teacher told our class it would be better if the students pick physics and senior science in year 12 as a combination because he said people who do well in senior science tend to get a band 6 for the subject because it is too easy. Is this true? The other issue is if I pick senior science for year 12 I want to drop either SDD or SOR 1 because I will have too many units. For SDD, i am coming in the top 3 in the class with the highest mark of 95 and the lowest mark of 78, but to tell you the truth the teacher cannot teach. Everything that i had learnt is from the textbook. So I am not sure I can do well for this subject in year 12 because there is only one teacher for SDD and I am tired of always having to refer to the textbook. On the other hand for SOR 1 I did pretty badly in the past two assessments and I need at least 80% just to stay in SOR1 or otherwise I will have to move to catholic studies.

So what do you guys think? Should I pick up senior science and drop either SDD or SOR1 or should I just stick to the subjects I am doing right now.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would stick with the subjects you're doing now. Just because your teacher says it's easy doesn't mean it is.
However if you're considering it, look at the year 12 syllabus for senior science, SDD and SOR1 to see if you think you might enjoy it. Talk to people doing the subjects (as well as various teachers) this year to get their opinions on them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)