Drop Chem for Senior Science? // Picking up 3U Jap and 4U English(?) (1 Viewer)

nemayah

HSC
Today was the last day of year 11, woohoo for us! Impending year of doom... :p

Throughout the year, I'd gotten average/below average marks in Chemistry and way below average in the yearlies. I first decided to do Chemistry because it had been recommended to my class at the end of last year and I thought that I'd be able to do well in it. However, throughout the year, despite having interest in the subject, I realised that I wasn't as interested in it as I should of been. (And thus, lacked in the Chem study department and subsequently fell behind in notes).

I'm now thinking of dropping Chem for Senior Science and my only concern is the effect this would have on my ATAR. As I've been told that Senior Science isn't as hard as Chemistry, even upon doing well in S.S., I'm assuming that it wouldn't get scaled as high.
I'm thinking that as opposed to keeping Chem and having to try really hard in it (and this could perhaps be detrimental to my other subjects?) that I should do Senior Science and be able to get through it fairly easily. I am basing this on the fact that I did well in year 10 science.

Should I keep Chemistry and work much harder in the hopes of getting a good mark or drop it for Senior Science? How would it affect my HSC?

My other subjects:
Year 11:
Studies of Religion 1U (Compulsory)
Mathematics + Ext 1 (3U)
Advanced English + Ext 1 (3U)
Japanese Continuers
Economics
Chemistry

Year 12 Prospects:
Studies of Religion 1U
3U Math
4U English (Still debating about this. I'm lacking in the 'putting my analysis onto paper' department in 3U but my teacher recommended that I try 4U because I'd done well in creative writing. I only wanted to do 3U because I wanted to do 4U but I got put off by my 3U results.)
3U Japanese
Chemistry/Senior Science

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
One of my friends has decided to drop chem in favor for senior science, seeing as her results were quite average to say the least. Apparently, Senior science is designed for students who drop chemistry/biology/physics, and does not involve any preliminary content in the hsc (not 100% sure on this).

You have to decide weather it is worth getting average marks for chem and relying on the scaling or going extremely well at senior science, but if you get 90 + it shouldn't affect your atar too much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)